Asia Society is the leading educational organization dedicated to promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among peoples, leaders and institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context. Across the fields of arts, business, culture, education, and policy, the Society provides insight, generates ideas, and promotes collaboration to address present challenges and create a shared future.
Founded in 1956, Asia Society is a nonpartisan, nonprofit educational institution with offices in Hong Kong, Houston, Los Angeles, Manila, Mumbai, New York, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, Washington, DC and Zurich.
Location – 725 Park Avenue, New York, NY
The Program Associate (Code 1703) will assist with programming and administration of the Global Initiatives Group’s public programs and conferences. The Program Associate will provide administrative and research support to the Global Initiatives Group’s staff, and assist with the logistical coordination of events and conferences. The ideal candidate will be well versed in a range of topics including policy, business and current affairs.
• Working closely with the Executive Director, assist in developing and managing informational and promotional content (written or in other media) for the Global Initiatives Group.
• Prepare internal and external communications including program announcements, press releases, presentations, drafting/editing correspondence, etc.
• Provide overall executive assistance to the Executive Director of the Global Initiatives Group, including scheduling and preparation of meetings and coordinating travel arrangements.
• Assist in coordinating private and public events and meetings including booking internal/external venues, arranging catering, drafting and distributing program flyers, invitations, and save-the-dates, and collecting/tracking RSVPs.
• Prepare meeting/conference materials (PowerPoint presentations, conference/program documents, etc.)
• Provide research assistance to the department, including trip, event, conference preparation and project-related background and analysis.
• Oversee and maintain the Global Initiatives Group’s databases and program calendar.
• Provide clerical support, including faxing, photocopying, filing, and maintaining office supplies.
• Process and track reimbursements and invoices.
• Assist in recruiting interns for the department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with 2 to 3 years’ experience providing support to a team.
• Must be capable of working on multiple tasks simultaneously, meeting deadlines, following through on details, and being flexible.
• Must be a team player, be comfortable and effective working with all levels of staff and with diverse groups of people from different cultures.
• Strong organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal language skills and computer skills (Microsoft Office including MS Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel).
• Strong ability to interact across time zones and with diverse constituencies.
• Proficient with conference registration programs such as eTouches, Cvent, RegOnline or other products.
• Experience editing and managing web content preferred. Image, video, audio editing experience a plus.
• Asian language skills are encouraged but not required.
• Travel as needed.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate job title and reference code in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless youremail is bounced back.
Deadline - N/A