InterExchange is a non-profit organization passionate about connecting young people from all over the world with life-changing international exchange opportunities.
Exchange Visitors on our programs work as international staff at American summer camps, volunteer on community projects in rural India, serve chowder on Cape Cod, do post graduate internships at green technology companies in New York and provide childcare as au pairs in the U.S. and abroad to name a few!
At InterExchange, we believe that living and working alongside people in another country increases global understanding. We are dedicated to providing the best exchange experiences possible and to creating positive global impact in the process.
We want the whole world to understand the importance of cultural exchange, and we’re looking for a Content Producer that can help us craft that message. You will be responsible for collaborating with our staff to create, edit, and distribute communications that further our mission.
Location - 100 Wall Street, New York, NY
- Write and edit articles on issues related to international exchange, cultural events and the InterExchange mission
- Generate and maintain engaging, lively, honest content for website
- Report on progress of projects to Communications Manager
- Prepare compelling and appropriate content for organization's social media, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Actively monitor trends in social media tools, for both strategy development and to generate new content
- Work with communications colleagues and department teams to prepare outreach emails
- Organize a production calendar of marketing campaigns and digital content inspired by programs and the InterExchange mission
- Review and modify digital paid campaigns on Google Adwords, social media, and retargeting platforms
- Review and analyze reports on digital strategy and content using Google Analytics, Google Drive, and other reporting tools
- Participate in creating and measuring engagement and conversions
- Provide feedback to web development team regarding overall website quality and user experience
- Organize, maintain, and update in-house photo and video archive
- Creating rich media such as images, gifs, and video
- Attend events and reach out to participants and hosts for content about their experiences
- Interview participants, hosts, staff and other stakeholders to maintain flow of fresh stories; publish articles and social media posts celebrating their experiences
- Ability to produce clean copy on tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt writing voice for a variety of principals and audiences
- Ability to learn a variety of simple web content distribution platforms
- Experience with email marketing campaigns, placed media, and PR
- Experience in tailoring content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Experience with Snapchat a plus
- Experience with video editing, or an ability to learn quickly
- Experience with SEO and Google Analytics a plus
- Experience with photo editing and digital illustrations a plus
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign
Personal Characteristics, Skills, and Abilities
- Committed to the importance of cultural exchange
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptionally self-motivated and organized
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire, and motivate staff at all levels
- Passionate about technology and the impact it can have on the world
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Keen attention to detail
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter as PDF attachments, Attn: Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: "Content Producer."
Your personalized cover letter must include a reason why you would be suitable for this position and for InterExchange. Please include links to writing samples, and if available, any relevant rich media samples. Applicants who do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Deadline – N/A