GOAL is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to the alleviation of suffering among the poorest of the poor in the developing world. GOAL is operational in 19 countries and implements a wide range of emergency, rehabilitation and development programs. The GOAL USA-NYC office has become a crucial element of GOAL’s efforts to raise funds for our work around the globe.
Location – 41 Union Square, Suite 414, New York, NY 10003
The primary function of the post is to help drive growth in fundraising from the US private and public sector, as well as major donors. This busy and challenging role has a broad remit, including events, corporations, foundations and individual fundraising. The role will also provide administrative support to the Development Director and be present in the NYC office Monday through Friday.
- To deliver the highest standard of customer service to donors and supporters through effective and timely communication, via face to face meetings, phone, email and mail.
- To research and provide leads to the Development Director.
- Manage fundraising events as required, specifically the GOAL USA Ball and the NYC Marathon. Liaise with external vendors and track expenditures.
- Ensure the delivery of events on time and within budget. Work with the Development Director to acquire table sponsorships for the GOAL USA Ball and to oversee event expenditures to ensure highest ROI.
- Mail out receipts /letters for donations in a timely manner.
- Carry out research on trust and foundation prospects.
- Develop an understanding on who to approach for funding, when to make contact, and input on writing successful applications.
- Acquire a working knowledge of GOAL programs and attend GOAL USA program meetings when needed.
- Represent GOAL in a professional manner at networking events.
- Management of volunteers and event participants.
- Ensure GOAL brand is enhanced through the quality of the events for participants.
- Provide administrative support to the NYC office.
- Manage the CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics) to track and provide information on donors / donation allocations.
- Manage communications on the GOAL USA email list campaigns
- Other duties as required by the Development Director.
- BA in communications, marketing, international studies, or related major
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, specifically telephone and written
- Solid NGO event management experience
- Strong research and analysis skills
- At least 2+ years fundraising experience
- Knowledge of the charity sector/international development sector
- Proactive approach to learning about NGO’s programs
- An ability to work under pressure and tight deadline
- Enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable
- Very strong commitment to teamwork
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.goalglobal.org/careers?gh_jid=185402
Deadline – N/A