BRAC is the world’s largest development organization, dedicated to empowering people living in poverty. Working across 11 countries in South Asia and Africa, BRAC touches the lives of more than 130 million people. Named the World’s Number 1 Ranked NGO in 2016 by NGO Advisor (www.ngoadvisor.net), BRAC uses a wide array of antipoverty tools such as microfinance, education, healthcare, food security programs and more.
BRAC seeks to hire a Program Associate to support a small team of development professionals who provide project management, advisory services, and technical assistance around the Ultra-Poor Graduation approach to a variety of external clients, including UN agencies, governments, the World Bank, microfinance institutions, and NGOs. The Program Associate will support technical assistance to existing clients, business and product development, and client and donor commitments, including immersion visits, events, knowledge management, and reporting. This position will be based in New York, and will work with staff members across BRAC global operations in New York, London, Bangladesh, and other country offices of BRAC in Asia and Africa. BRAC is recruiting additional positions to expand a global team around the Ultra-Poor Graduation approach.
Location – New York, NY
- Support the team in the delivery of client and donor commitments, including background research and preparation for immersion visits, trainings, workshops, and seminars;
- Assist the team in global advocacy efforts, including website content development, blog writing, and preparation of internal and external briefs, reports, and presentations;
- Contribute to new business development, including proposal compilation for large multilateral and smaller scale donors, as well as client acquisition for technical assistance engagements;
- Develop key knowledge management products, and disseminate client experiences for donor and government audiences, clients, BRAC entities, and external audiences;
- Support execution of events and national workshops designed to enhance learning around, and adaption of, the Graduation approach;
- Maintain databases for project organization and grants management; and
- Research strategic partners and relevant fora for representing BRAC and the Graduation approach in global audiences, among other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, with preference given to candidates with degrees in social sciences, international development, evaluation or another related field;
- At least 2 – 4 years of experience in international development, with experience working or studying in Asia or Africa;
- Experience supporting proposal development and fundraising efforts;
- Experience supporting teams in a fast-paced and multicultural environment required; and
- Experience with livelihoods, financial inclusion, or poverty-reduction programs preferred.
- Exceptional ability to communicate to partners and clients via written products and presentations;
- Proactive leader, with ability to effectively manage competing work streams and deadlines;
- Diplomatic, with strong interpersonal skills, and a high degree of cultural sensitivity; and
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills in English required. Fluency in French, Swahili, or Bengali a plus.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.bracusa.org/jobs, and upload your resume, detailed cover letter, writing sample, references, and salary history.
Deadline – N/A