The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in more than 170 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. At UNDP, external and internal communication—nationally, regionally and globally—is critical to achieving both development results and business objectives. Skillful communication broadens the impacts of new policies, helps governance reforms take root, and attracts and fosters strong partnerships. The Communications Group of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in New York is interested in enrolling an Engagement and Project Management Intern on its Fundraising and Engagement Team, to support the organization of the 2016 Social Good Summit in New York and over 100 locations worldwide.
Location - New York, NY
UNDP's Fundraising and Engagement Team is recruiting an intern for three months to support with the organization and management of the Social Good Summit.
- Help create an outreach and training strategy to support colleagues in Country Offices with the ideation, organization, communication and evaluation of their events;
- Help create marketing, communications and event preparation materials for use by UNDP's Country Offices, including (info)graphics, social media content, videos, DIY and how-to manuals, and more;
- Support collaboration with our partners at Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences's MediaLAB in creating and implementing a design thinking toolkit based on their SCREAM model;
- Support creation of new and innovative tactics to leverage the worldwide local platform and podium of the Social Good Summit to increase engagement with, and drive fundraising efforts for, the work of UNDP and the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Upon commencement of internship, candidate is enrolled in, or has graduated no more than one year prior from, a Master's Programme in international relations/public relations/marketing/communication/journalism/project management or related field.
- Demonstrated capability to support planning and organization of global events with 100+ local participations;
- Strong interest in and affinity with development issues;
- Strong knowledge of UNDP's work;
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, communication and administrative skills;
- Able to take initiative and work independently;
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks and to find new and creative solutions;
- Solid basis in Design/Graphics editing.
- Fluent in English
- French and Spanish are an asset
UNDP may accept interns providing the following conditions are met:
- Candidate is enrolled in a master’s programme in a graduate school (second university degree or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
- Candidate has obtained his/her degree no more than one year before the start date of the internship;
- Candidate is pursuing their university/college studies, having completed at least four years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree, if pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages.
How to Apply
Candidates may apply through UNDP's website.
Deadline - 15 August, midnight (New York, USA)