“Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Cultural Center” was established in the wake of the cessation of diplomatic relations between R.O.C.(Taiwan)and the Kingdom of Belgium on the 25th of October, 1971, for the purpose of maintaining the substantive bilateral relations. The Center was renamed, on the 23rd of January, 1990, as “Taipei Economic and Cultural Office” and as “Taipei Representative Office in Belgium” on the 25th of October, 1995, and then as “Taipei Representative Office in the European Union and Belgium”(“the Office” thereinafter) in April 2001.
The Office is responsible for maintaining ties with the European Union, Kingdom of Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg in all aspects.
Location - Belgium
The Taipei Representative Office in the EU and Belgium is looking for an Administrative and Editorial Assistant to carry out a wide range of speechwriting and editorial tasks, as well as to assist with administrative work. The role requires the candidate to speak English as their mother-tongue and have excellent communication skills.
The candidate will be required to, among other things, draft and edit a variety of speeches, documents and correspondence, ensuring they meet professional standards in tone and content. The role also requires that the candidate partake in other daily office operations such as making appointments, organizing meetings, assisting with travel arrangements and the organization of events, and performing other administrative tasks as required.
- Mother-tongue English speaker. (essential)
- Experience of editing/writing for a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of the EU Institutions, EU foreign policy, Taiwan, and Taiwan’s relationship with the European Union.
- Demonstrable experience of administrative work, preferably in an international and multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work under time constraints and excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work overtime on urgent cases, sometimes at short notice.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- A working knowledge of French and/or Chinese (desirable).
- Educated to undergraduate degree level (minimum).
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward an updated CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 October 2016. Interviews will be held the week starting 31 October, with an anticipated start date of late November. Please note that due to the large number of applications we may receive, we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.
Deadline – October 30, 2016