The Heritage Foundation's mission is "to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense." Within the Foundation and based on those principles, the principal objective of the Davis Institute for National Security and Foreign Policy is to build, through research, publication, and other activities, the intellectual foundation for Heritage conservative public policies relating to national security and foreign policy.
Location – Washington DC
The Administrative Assistant, Foreign Policy and National Security, provides to the Vice President for the Davis Institute for National Security and Foreign Policy, and the Director of the Allison Center for Foreign Policy, administrative support, event management services, and research assistance.
- Administrative support for the Vice President including travel arrangements; managing calendar, expense reports and expense tracking; scheduling and special projects.
- Administrative duties including: research support, screening calls, event invitations, and updating department database, as needed.
- Organizes and arrange events, meetings, appointments, and compiling Heritage materials for internal events
- Manage logistics of all Davis Institute public events
- Assists in preparation of correspondence, remarks for speaking engagements, and department Quarterly reports
- Train and supervise interns as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President.
B.A. or B.S.
1-2 years minimum of proven experience as an administrative assistant or in other secretarial position
- Competent writer, strong communication skills
- Microsoft Office XP, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Special Skills/Requirements:
- Understand and support the Heritage vision for America and mission, and the department’s goals and objectives.
How to Apply
Apply at http://www.heritage.org/about/jobs/fulltime/administrative-assistant-for-the-davis-insitute
Deadline – N/A