The Ford Foundation was established by Edsel Ford in 1936, with an initial gift of $25,000. Today, we are stewards of a $12 billion endowment. Over the past 80 years our social justice mission and vision have guided us through transformations in the foundation, the communities we serve, and the world at large.
Across eight decades, our mission has been to reduce poverty and injustice, strengthen democratic values, promote international cooperation, and advance human achievement.
Location – 320 East 43rd Street, New York, NY
The Program Associate works as part of a team of program staff who are implementing a global strategy under the Ford Foundation’s BUILD program area. The Program Associate holds a variety of responsibilities related to the research, analysis, and coordination of programmatic activities with a primary focus on the portfolio grants made to support the team’s strategy.
The newly created BUILD team at the Foundation focuses on helping BUILD grantees across the globe become stronger, sustainable, more effective organizations and networks. The BUILD team will do this by both serving as a resource to Foundation program officers and providing thought leadership on organizational development both within and outside the Foundation. The BUILD team will be a team of six people who support grant-makers in 11 offices across the globe. This is an entrepreneurial opportunity, and the Program Associate will help build a new, pivotal program within the foundation.
The Associate will focus on project management, data analysis and synthesis, process development and high-level presentation preparation. (S)he will design resources, tools and templates for our program officers and BUILD grantees, ensuring they, as well as our team meetings and other communication and collaboration structures, are effective.(S)he will also plan agendas for, facilitate and capture knowledge from convenings of BUILD grantees.
This is the perfect role for someone who is organized, analytical, and effective in building strong relationships. We need someone who can build knowledge sharing and development systems; create, organize and edit knowledge products (both internal and external); analyze data and create data visualizations for learning and inform decision-making; and manage up successfully to maximize the effectiveness of the Director and others on the team. The role affords opportunities to build knowledge and expertise around key organizational development topics, to interact across a range of people and teams within the Foundation and to have direct interaction with grantees. The Program Associate reports to the Director, BUILD.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 4 years’ experience working in a program-related support capacity in the social development sector
- Experience with project management and complex problem-solving
- Strong proficiency with research, data collection, review, analysis, documentation and reporting
- Ability to independently problem-solve and generate creative solutions to increase efficiency and collaboration
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with diverse individuals in a global environment; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across cultures and other forms of difference
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Ability to manage a number of diverse tasks and projects in collaborative situations and independently
- Strong proficiency with the use of software platforms and high degree of comfort with multiple technology applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and databases
- Graduate degree in business, policy, social sciences or related field
- Experience with financial statement and business model analysis
- Experience building knowledge sharing or development systems
- Experience working successfully in organizational development
Alignment to the mission and culture of the Ford Foundation
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and core values of equity, fairness and diversity
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humor
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Action-orientated and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in teams
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://ford-foundation.forms.fm/program-associate-build.
Deadline – N/A