Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise.
Stroz Friedberg, an Aon company, is a specialized risk management firm built to help clients solve the complex challenges prevalent in today’s digital, connected, and regulated business world. Our focus is on cybersecurity, with leading experts in digital forensics, incident response, and security science; investigations; eDiscovery; and due diligence.
Our aim is to guide businesses through the maze of complexities found at the intersection of law, technology, investigations, compliance and security. We seek truth—uncovering facts and evidence ethically—to help organizations address their most significant risk issues. Sometimes we are called in after an incident to perform an investigation, while other times we help clients assess how prepared and protected they are from threats. Our clients call us, and we’re at our best, when the stakes are high and the potential for damage is great. At Stroz Friedberg, we are united by a common goal—to maximize the health of an organization, ensuring its longevity, protection and resilience.
The Associate provides direct client facing support for work involving the investigative services provided by the Due Diligence and Strategic Research (DDSR).
Location – New York, NY
- Conduct detailed investigative research and analysis to help the firm’s clients identify and understand regulatory and reputational risks before proceeding with commercial relationships. This primarily involves undertaking open source and database research for integrity and compliance due diligence, background investigations, asset traces and risk assessments.
- Produce high quality oral and written work product with the ability to understand and summarize large amounts of information in a concise manner.
- Master and/or understand all of the due diligence projects produced by the practice with an ability to QA all types of client deliverables. Assignments should require limited guidance and QA editing by senior team members.
- Ability to manage independently the financial management of a due diligence project.
- Understand client requirements and have developed the ability tailor projects and bespoke assignments to deliver value to clients.
- Ability to independently instruct and manage subcontractors on projects including negotiating fees.
- Manage client relationships and conduct business development, including supporting Engagement Managers in identifying potential new clients.
- Oversee the work product of Analysts, including supervising quality assurance of Red Flag Reports, L1 reports and projects.
- Ability to represent the practice at external events confidently.
- Speak confidently about key business and political issues and how they relate to DDSR services.
- Develop new resources and tools for all DDSR staff members to utilize including new databases and subcontractors.
- Subject matter expertise within the United States or a particular geographical region.
- Form and articulate expert opinions based on analysis.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all areas of performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, although an interest in international affairs and strong commercial knowledge are essential.
- Business level (written and spoken) English is essential; preference will be given to candidates with professional competency in a foreign language, particularly Spanish or Portuguese.
- 3-4 years relevant work experience.
- Research experience using comprehensive databases.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Candidates must possess
- Expertise in conducting research of US public records, to include court filings (federal and state), regulatory databases, and identifier databases, among other records.
- Experience conducting research in a commercial context related to a geographical region, particularly Latin America, and/or a track record in the due diligence and business intelligence field.
- A developed understanding of information sources in a given geographical region as well as a high level of knowledge of the business and political environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication and clear and articulate speech and writing skills.
- Accurate and detail oriented record keeping skills.
- Capacity for adaptation to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to travel if needed for certain client engagements.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential and preference will be given to candidates with fluency Spanish, Portuguese or another relevant language.
How to Apply
Please apply online: http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/strozfriedberg/job/oToF5fwL.
Deadline – N/A