The Operational Centre in Brussels is part of a network of office from which MSF initiates and manages medical interventions throughout the world.
As part of the Belgian Communications Unit, the Web & Social Media Officer works on developing and guaranteeing the online presence of MSF in Belgium, through an optimal use of social networks and of the institutional site.
Within the Unit, the Web & Social Media Officer will work in close collaboration with the Editors, Press Officers and Events Officer.
- Daily monitoring of MSF’s online presence in Belgium
- Assure promotion of the website, through SEO, Google Adwords and a monthly electronic newsletter
- Community management
- Promoting communication package throughout social media channels
- Develop creative online actions to increase traffic and fans on our social media networks
- Monitor online results (via Google Analytics and other tools)
- Implement and continue to develop the MSF social media strategy
- Assure diffusion of multimedia products (video/photo)
- Develop and implement an “online” digital campaigns in close collaboration with the Creative Content Team
- Participate in reflections with MSF Marketing and Human Resources units on how to improve online recruitment and fundraising.
- 5 years of experience in on-line communication
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and Photoshop
- Good understanding and experience with Google Analytics, Google Adwords
- Good understanding and experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube,...)
- Knowledge of CMS systems (Drupal)
- Knowledge of multimedia and/or audiovisual tools
- Bilingual (NL/FR) with good writing skills, knowledge of English.
- Ability to show initiative, to work independently but also as part of a team
- Interest in humanitarian activities
- A bachelor diploma with/or relevant experience
- Open-end contract
- Based in Brussels (Ixelles)
- Vacancy to be filled immediately (October 2015)
How to Apply
Send your CV and motivation letter by October, 4th to Maïté Vollemaere, Communications Department Assistant, Rue de l’Arbre Bénit 46, 1050 Brussels or by e-mail to Recruit-HQ-Communications@brussels.msf.org with as subject “Web & Social Media Officer”
4th of October 2015.