The Foreign Trade Association (FTA), created in 1977, is the leading association of European and International commerce that promotes the values of free and sustainable trade. It brings together representatives of hundreds of retailers, importers, brands and national associations to improve the political and legal framework for trade in a sustainable way. FTA’s members reflect the diversity of the retail sector in terms of consumer goods, turnover and country of origin.
In 2003, the FTA launched its first initiative, The Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) in response to the increasing business demand for transparent and improved working conditions in the global supply chains. It unites more than 1500 companies around a development-oriented system applicable to all sectors and sourcing countries.
In 2013, FTA launched its second initiative, the Business Environmental Performance Initiative (BEPI) to improve the environmental performance in supplying factories and farms worldwide. BEPI provides a practical framework that can support all product sectors in all countries to reduce their environmental impact, business risks and costs through improved environmental practices.
The position is located in Brussels.
To strengthen our team we are looking for a Communication Officer with social media expertise.
She/he will work closely with the team to develop and implement the FTA social media strategy. She/he will become an advocate of FTA in social media spaces, engaging in dialogue and answering questions. Through this strong community engagement, the Communication Officer will increase awareness and reputation of the association. Reporting to the Head of Communications, this role coordinates with the Media Officer to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in the external positioning of FTA.
The responsibilities of the Communication Officer are, but not limited to, social media:
- Develop and implement a social media plan including social media campaigns
- Monitor social media conversations and report to Communication team to help evolve strategies and content calendar in time
- Write, post and promote content in close coordination with internal resources for timely responses
- Build relations with key influencers to support communication strategy
- Monitor and report on trends in social media tools, trends and applications
- Analyse, review, report on the impact of social media activities with the aim to maximize results and to develop recommendations for future optimisation
- Develop social media engagement during FTA events
- Become an advocate of the FTA in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Other tasks include providing support to ad hoc projects of the Communication team
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience preferably in social media
- Demonstrated understanding of existing and emerging social media platforms, tools for optimisation and industry trends
- Experience in creating a variety of content to support social media campaigns such as posts, videos, infographics, surveys and polls
- Dynamic and open personality with good communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and fluent in French and/or German, other languages are a plus
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to fit well into a multi-cultural team
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, journalism or related field or equivalent experience required.
- An international environment with interesting and challenging field of activities
- Belgian permanent employment contract with an attractive benefit scheme
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
4th of October 2015. Only selected candidates will be invited for an interview.