JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Country Risk Management group is an independent risk management function which works in close partnership with other risk functions to identify and monitor country risk within the Firm. Country Risk Management is part of Corporate Risk Management, reporting to the firm’s Chief Risk Officer. Country Risk Management is responsible for the following:
- Developing guidelines and policies consistent with a comprehensive country risk framework
- Assigning sovereign ratings and assessing country risks.
- Analyzing economic and political risks the firm faces as a result of its activities worldwide and assigning internal sovereign credit ratings to countries to which the firm has exposure.
- Measuring and monitoring country risk exposure and stress across the Firm
- Managing country limits and reporting trends and limit breaches to senior management
- Developing surveillance tools for early identification of potential country risk concerns
- Providing country risk scenario analysis
Location – New York, NY
- Assign and maintain country ratings/outlooks through macroeconomic and political analysis
- Actively monitor economic, political and market developments in selected countries
- Contribute to internal presentations and rating recommendations to rating committee
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the country risk framework, including risk assessment tools, measurements and analysis
- Focus on the control environment, including limit management, audit and regulatory requests
- Review and analyze new product initiatives, assess impact on country risk exposure and stress, provide written input and present findings to the team
- Work on ad hoc projects as required
- Review and assess the impact of complex deals on country limit usage by interacting with colleagues across the firm
- Regularly communicate views to internal clients both verbally and in writing (such as investment bankers, credit executives, relationship managers etc.)
- Research specific economics-related topics
- Strong academic background with a focus on macroeconomics, international relations, politics, or finance preferred.
- Prior experience in risk and/or macroeconomic research would be valued
- Strong quantitative skills preferred
- Effective organizational and project management skills; able to manage multiple work streams and processes
- Ability to structure and scope complex problems
- Team-oriented nature with clear project ownership mentality; ability to work in small teams including with Reporting, Technology and Middle Office colleagues
- Excellent attention to detail and diligent at following up on issues
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Pro-active attitude, intellectually curious, creative and self-motivated
- Second language other than English a plus
How to Apply
Please apply online: http://jobs.jpmorganchase.com/ShowJob/Id/40941/CIBCountryRiskManagementAnalyst.
Deadline – N/A