Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today’s global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is majority-owned by Hearst.
BMI Research, a leading emerging markets analysis firm, is recruiting a high-caliber graduate to join its reputable Research team in New York.
We are looking for a Country Risk Analyst, who will focus on the Americas.
You will be contributing to our market intelligence service, providing analytical research for senior decision makers in banks, consultancies, multinational corporations, investment funds and government agencies.
You will receive extensive training in all areas of country risk analysis and forecasting with the help of our BMI University training material and regular training seminars hosted by senior members of the Research team, in combination with rigorous hands-on guidance from your line manager and team members. BMI also encourages external training by subsidizing external courses, such as the CFA and relevant language classes.
Location – New York, NY
- Contributing analytical research on a daily basis
- Managing a portfolio of countries, producing reports assessing risks and opportunities, and creating 5 and 10-year forecast scenarios
- Overseeing key financial market developments and identifying actionable investment strategies
- Collaborating with relevant industry analysts across global offices to ensure holistic, cutting-edge analysis
- Working alongside our Sales team and directly with our clients to communicate key views and promote our business development
- Minimum 3.3 GPA, or 2:1 UK equivalent degree, from a top-tier university (ideally in economics, finance or international relations/international political economy)
- Fluent English writing style
- Keen interest in economics, global financial markets and world affairs.
- Previous experience (academic or professional) in analysis and research of global markets, political risk and particularly macroeconomics
- Postgraduate degree
- Degree in economics or related subject
- Language skills
- Prior work experience in related field (ideally private sector).
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://career012.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0016306184P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_US&career_job_req_id=7281&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=Btz9xhjfEki81GHcoA3J9ROpmMg=&source=Indeed.com&sourceType=PREMIUM_POST_SITE.
Deadline – N/A