Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world's poorest countries. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern Worldwide has over 3,000 personnel working in 26 countries across the globe. Our vision is a world where: no one lives in poverty, fear, or oppression; all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities and choices essential to a long, healthy, and creative life; and everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without ongoing support from Concern Worldwide. To achieve this mission, we engage in long term development work, build resilience, respond to emergency situations, and seek to address the root causes of poverty through our development, education, and advocacy work.
Concern Worldwide US (Concern US) is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide, with offices in New York and Chicago. Our mission is to support the work of Concern Worldwide by financially supporting programs, representing the organization with donors and partner organizations, facilitating the recruitment of personnel, and raising the organization's profile. We also implement development education programs in the US and provide humanitarian response training to leaders around the world.
Concern US has a growing portfolio of US Government-funded programs, which is currently comprised of awards from USAID's Office of US-Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), Food for Peace (FFP), Child Survival Grants Program (CSGP), and Feed the Future (FTF), as well as from the Department of State's Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM).
Concern US seeks a highly motivated team player to help us raise new funds and expand our partnership with the US government to maintain and expand Concern Worldwide's global humanitarian, emergency response, and development programs. This is an exciting opportunity to learn the US government funding process (especially for emergency response programming), and play a key role in a small but highly effective team in New York City. The Business Development Coordinator will work as part of the Business Development unit on the International Programs team, and will work closely with Concern Worldwide's overseas staff including International Programs Directorate in Dublin and 26 country programs.
Location – New York, NY
- Track new grant applications and/or contract proposals for Concern Worldwide programs;
- Assist in the development of high quality, complex proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations and funding opportunities;
- Liaise with International Programs Directorate in Dublin and Concern Worldwide country program staff to provide guidance, support, and technical assistance on US Government business development;
- Conduct thorough reviews of technical and financial proposals to ensure they meet high copy edit standards, US Government compliance (including USAID and State Department), and solicitation-specific guidelines and deadlines;
- Develop relationships with business development colleagues at peer organizations to expand Concern's network of collaborators, partners, and donors;
- Draft and update marketing materials such as capacity statements, past performance references, or other similar documents;
- Maintain knowledge management systems (e.g., Salesforce);
- Conduct other duties in the programs or development function as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, political science, public policy, or similar;
- A minimum of two (2) years working in the international development, nonprofit, or social sector;
- Proven ability to write clear, logical, articulate, and persuasive proposals, including cost proposals and budgets;
- Excellent English language editing skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple and often competing deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct rigorous research and analysis, and present insights in a clear, concise manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g., facilitation and conflict management) and the ability to work in a culturally diverse team environment;
- Strong motivation and interest and learning how US Government fundraising and business development works;
- Overseas living and/or professional experience;
- Commitment to the work and values of Concern Worldwide;
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Master's degree in international relations, political science, public policy, or similar;
- Knowledge and experience of US Government business development processes, especially those of USAID and/or State Department;
- Demonstrated track record in securing and/or managing US Government grants, including those from USAID and/or State Department;
- French language skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel to Concern countries as responsibilities grow, performance is demonstrated, and need arises (up to 15%).
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1713292.
Deadline – N/A