The Assistant Secretary of Defense for Legislative Affairs (OSD(LA)) is the Principal Staff Assistant and advisor to the Secretary of Defense for DoD relations with the members of the U.S. Congress.
Location - Washington DC
Provide the necessary level of administrative, professional, and technical support required to facilitate the overall objectives of the OASD(LA) and its members/detachments/units. The objective of this task is to support the goal of improving the timeliness of responses to the Secretary of Defense and the Deputy Secretary, and Members of Congress and to assist the DASDs and the Director of Operations in achieving this objective. The contractor shall provide those services, personnel, materials, and related equipment to perform the work delineated herein.
- Provide secretarial/administrative support
- Respond to special assignments as required to support emerging requirements
- Provide multifunctional administrative support services to the OASD(LA) staff
- Analyze written and oral inquiries and responses from the Offices of the Under & Assistant Secretaries of Defense in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Military Departments, Congressional members and staff to ascertain intent and ensure that correspondence is provided to appropriate office. Provide Congressional document retrieval services from DoD websites assigned to the appropriate Special Assistant. Track status and notify appropriate DoD components for follow-up action.
- ASD(LA) website – retrieve, assemble, and organize information from files, Congressional information services, and other office reference materials. Maintain comprehensive files for coordinating and responding to Congressional and DoD staff inquiries on status of Congressional correspondence responses.
- General Administrative Duties to include: Review and track official travel documents; verify, pass and maintain staff security clearances; receive, process and maintain building /hill badge requests for staff and congressional committee members; maintain the office supply card program which includes a monthly closeout audit and review of budget; track and maintain incoming Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests; provide assistance in obtaining motor pool transportation for senior staff and request parking clearance on the Pentagon Reservation for visitors. Back up Task 4 - Administrative Congressional Liaison Assistant. Additional duties as assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Requires a Top Secret clearance and shall perform a broad range of executive level secretarial/administrative duties and special assignments
- Minimum education and/or experience required: Over 2 years’ experience in applications specific to job requirements is desired. A high school diploma and basic computer skills required.
- Knowledge and experience of the following applications/programs are highly desirable: Staff Action Correspondence Control Portal (SACCP), Defense Travel System (DTS), Congressional Hearings And Reporting Requirements Tracking System (CHARRTS), Defense Civilian Pay System (DCPS), DoD Purchase Card Online System (PCOLS), Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Personnel Security Operations (PERSECOPS), DoD Directives Portal, Ground Transportation System (GTS), Congressional Quarterly (CQ), RollCall and Early Bird.
- Knowledge of military protocol, Congressional activities, and experience in working at the highest levels within the government and/or private sector is required.
- The incumbents for all Tasks must possess excellent computer skills to include basic Microsoft applications and Internet Explorer.
- Authorized to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
How to Apply
Apply at http://la.defense.gov/
Deadline – N/A