With more than 3 million supporters, activists and volunteers in more than 150 countries, and complete independence from government, corporate or ideological interests, we work to protect human rights worldwide. Our global headquarters is based in London, and we have established organizations in 68 countries. Amnesty International USA is the largest country section of the organization with nearly 250,000 members, who work for human rights independently, through national online networks, or with high school, college or community groups.
Amnesty International is funded by dedicated individual supporters and foundations to safeguard our objectivity and ensure that our research is not funded by governments and corporations. We thank these dedicated donors for their contributions to the fight for dignity and freedom.
Amnesty International is a Nobel Peace Prize recipient and the largest grassroots human rights organization in the world! Our organization is a place where people get the opportunity to hone and develop their unique skills, but also bring change to the world. We are seeking a Development Assistant in our Major Gifts department to support the day-to-day administrative activities of the department, including gift processing and acknowledgments, information management and reporting, coordination of mass donor communications, meeting preparation, and responding to donor inquiries as required. The ideal candidate will be a team player with good interpersonal skills and an ever-present “can-do” attitude and have the ability to keep multiple deadline-driven projects on schedule, and be comfortable providing administrative support to multiple stakeholders.
The Development Assistant will also be responsible for collaborating with leadership and across departments to manage and recommend new processes for streamlining work of the Major Gifts Unit. In addition, he/she will be interacting with external members and high-profile donors. With your support we will grow our revenues and increase supporter base significantly and bring human rights to millions across the globe, including in our own backyard.
Location – 5 Penn Plaza, 16th Floor, New York, NY
- Ensures and maintains accurate and timely processing of all gifts from major donors; drafts and mails donor acknowledgment letters and ensures the accuracy of the financial database.
- Generates and creates reports from ROI database and Tableau software such as weekly gift officer reports, general accounting reports, mailing lists, and other donor-related reports.
- Coordinates the team’s weekly meetings and assists in event-planning with Directors.
- Assists with the creation and management of donor communications calendar and materials: collaborates with other stakeholders to execute strategic and timely email and mass communications; drafts communication materials and collateral.
- Provides administrative support to National Director of Major Gifts: arranges meetings, processes expenses and reimbursements, and completes other tasks as needed.
- Responsible for administrative, financial, logistical, and research tasks to support program or department.
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience in synthesizing and prioritizing large quantities of information.
- Strong data management and Microsoft Office Skills required.
- Nonprofit experience.
- Diplomatic skills to obtain trust, cooperation, and understanding in order to resolve routine problems.
- Superior organizational skills and an eye for detail.
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://careers.aiusa.org/vacancy/development-assistant-major-gifts-0303/329/description/.
Deadline – N/A