Simon Everett is an analytic design firm. We structure and implement analytic engagements to help government agencies, businesses, and non-profits solve problems, large and small. Simon Everett is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment or consulting opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Location – Washington DC
You’ll be one of the most important hires we ever make. You’ll have an outsized influence on our company’s success, and you’ll be in a position to demonstrate a level of initiative, creativity, and accountability that you won’t find in many other entry-level positions. You won’t just be “behind the scenes” research support to senior analysts – you’ll be front and center with us. That said, your research and analysis won’t only support client projects, but also internal capability and business development initiatives. As such, you’ll learn a lot about the business side of consulting, and the administration of an emerging small business. Lastly, we pride ourselves on the diversity of our work, so you’ll be exposed to different content areas, clients, and analytic challenges. Plus, lots of purple.
- Research, analysis, and (typically written) presentation of findings relevant to various security, policy, and business challenges
- For example, over the past six months, you would have supported projects involving Middle Eastern media outlets, national cybersecurity strategy, international affairs training, and the US defense industrial base
- Participation, facilitation, and notetaking in workshops and structured analytic exchanges
- Research and triage of business development opportunities
- Administration and coordination tasks, to include scheduling with clients and partners, accounting, recruitment database management, monitoring administrative deadlines, and managing corporate filings
- Identifying networking and training opportunities for entire staff
You’ll make contributions to:
- Development and production of white papers, proposals, and presentations in support of business development activities
- Research and analysis to inform internal capability development initiatives
- Review and editing of written materials
- Social media content development
You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in international affairs, global security, business administration, public policy, or a similar area of study. You have 0-2 years’ work experience and you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact at a firm with room to grow. You enjoy working on a variety of projects, including some that stretch your comfort level. You excel when you’re given clear expectations with the leeway to develop your best approach to meet them. You’re ready to sink your teeth into research, analysis, writing, and presentation development – but you’re also willing to take on administration and coordination tasks in support of business development and corporate growth. Also, you’re down with our values.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills, particularly requiring minimal editing and oversight for written materials (in fact, we’d call upon you to edit and review written documents, as well)
Strong research capabilities, an aptitude for problem solving, and the ability to figure out how to get things done
Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Apple Productivity Apps and the willingness to become fluent in these applications
Agility; an interest in (and ability to multitask across) administration and coordination activities, business process issues, business development support, content development, and relevant project assignments
In order to fully realize the intent of this role, you’ll also need to demonstrate:
Eagerness to learn and an ability to do so quickly; you’ll have a lot of oversight at first but will need to take off as soon as possible
Initiative; we’ll need you to identify additional tasks and priorities and solve problems we don’t even know exist
Willingness to be part of a start-up and the flexibility to roll with developing structure and processes
And in order to support our analytic and consulting engagements and help us grow in the right direction, you’ll need to possess:
A bachelor’s degree (or master’s degree) in international affairs, global security, business administration, public policy, or a similar area of study
How to Apply
Please send your resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter explaining your interest to email@example.com. We will be accepting applications until Wednesday, May 25. The successful applicant must be prepared to start as early as June.
Deadline – May 25