Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 208 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide.
Location – Bentonville, AR
Manages Latin America strategies for Global Government Affairs by identifying key contacts (for example, foreign officials, policy influencers) within multilateral and Latin American regional organizations and governments; gaining trust, understanding, and support from influential individuals within international markets (for example, governments, opinion leaders); overseeing the coordination of visits to Walmart domestic and international facilities, markets, and events by influential individuals; aligning Walmart's Latin America strategy with political, economic, and social circumstances; guiding and collaborating with in- country associates on government affairs strategies; and responding to information and resource requests from in-country associates.
Manages and influences government policymaking and reputation across Latin American markets by developing and implementing government and institutional relations plans and programs; planning and coordinating events to influence policymaking and reputation; reviewing, creating, and implementing tools for government and policy influencers; incorporating company strategic positions in government affairs strategy; writing executive support products (for example, geopolitical analysis memoranda and government affairs talking points); identifying and implementing ways to advance Walmart international strategy; ensuring and maintaining consistent Walmart government affairs and reputational messaging in Latin America; and developing proactive government and institutional affairs strategies.
Manages internal and external coordination related to Walmart Global Government Affairs by serving as a point of contact to government officials and opinion leaders; recommending opportunities to position the company and its public policy priorities in or with regard to Latin America (for example, through speeches and other public and private engagement); supporting senior executives to increase understanding, confidence, and effectiveness of executive engagement in government affairs and reputational platforms; and developing internal written analysis, presentations, and other products for Walmart International senior executives and teams, Latin America markets, and the Global Government Affairs and broader Corporate Affairs team.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, International Relations, Political Science, Business, Economics, or related field and 4 years experience in corporate affairs, international business, or related field OR 6 years experience in corporate affairs, international Business, or related field. A graduate degree is preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
2 years international corporate affairs experience, including overseas assignments.
- Project management experience related to government, policy, political elections, or grassroots advocacy campaign(s).
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- 2 years corporate experience involving government affairs and institutional affairs.
- 2 years experience in government, non-governmental organizations (NGO), or policy-related not-for-profit organizations or foundations.
- Business proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
How to Apply
Apply at https://jobs.walmart.com/us/jobs/856502/BENTONVILLE-AR-Senior-Manager-Global-Government-Affairs-Latin-America?lang=en-US
Deadline – N/A