With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
Location – 257 Park Avenue South, New York, NY 10010
EDF has been working in China for over two decades. EDF's current goals are to help China bend the upward trajectory of its greenhouse gas emissions while addressing major health issues and lifting large numbers of rural Chinese out of poverty. To this end, in collaboration with the Chinese government, industries and individuals, our work focuses on three major initiatives: establish an effective system for managing greenhouse gas emissions that includes a rigorous cap on carbon emissions implemented through emissions trading systems, potentially combined with taxes, subsidies, and command-and-control policies; accelerate renewables and other cleaner alternatives to coal; and slow the growth of energy demand, which can be achieved by finding ways to green the supply chain and promote energy efficiency, demand-side management, and low-carbon urban development.
Reporting to the China Program’s Business Manager in New York, the Program Assistant provides administrative support to the Vice President and other members of the China Program management team in the U.S., as well as providing administrative and programmatic support to a broad range of initiatives of the China Program.
- Handle travel arrangement for the Vice President, other members of the management team, consultants, and visitors.
- Process expense reports for the Vice President, other members of the management team, and consultants when needs arise.
- Help manage Vice President’s calendar and schedule business and internal meetings.
- Facilitate and process invoices and contracts requiring Business Manager or other senior executives’ approval.
- Assist meeting preparation including creating agendas and gathering background information and other meeting materials.
- Book conference space, organize meetings and arrange logistics with internal programs as well as outside parties.
- Provide administrative support including faxing, copying, note-taking, and document and presentation preparation.
- Proofread, edit, and facilitate program-wide documents and reports requiring multiple managers input when needs arise.
- Professionally handle confidential information.
- Act as liaison with other internal departments/programs and outside organizations as directed.
- Act as the point person for day-to-day program administrative affairs
- Maintain China Program's online filing system.
- Translate receipts and expense items; code receipts, disbursements and journal entries as directed.
- Investigate discrepancies between expense data and receipts
- Draft, proofread, edit, and facilitate program-wide documents and reports requiring multiple managers input.
- Keep informed about major projects; learn and stay abreast of current priorities as they relate to the managers' goals and strategies.
- Assist with producing Ad-Hoc reports as directed.
- Provide support for research as directed.
- Prior experience supporting a senior-level manager preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Extremely well-organized and detail-oriented with a commitment to excellence.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both orally and in writing.
- Excellent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to focus, multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys a team-oriented, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture.
- Speaking and written proficiency in both Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Knowledge of environmental issues and/or policy is a plus.
- Willingness and flexibility to accommodate different global time zones.
How to Apply
Please apply online at http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/environmental-defense-fund/job/oOVB2fw6/apply.
Deadline – N/A