The Steven Gaffney Company is the leading expert on honest, open communication. Senior executives from Fortune 500 companies, federal government agencies, the United States military, and national associations approach us to build trust, increase collaboration, lead through times of change, and improve teamwork across their organizations.
For over twenty years, the Steven Gaffney Company has been used for developing focused strategic communication plans, leadership development, and conflict resolution, collaboration, and coordination across teams and organizations. Our speeches, seminars, consulting services, coaching programs, and products have made immediate and lasting impact on thousands of people both professionally and personally.
Location – Washington DC
We are looking for a rock star, A-Player! The ideal candidate is someone who is extremely smart, has a great work ethic, eager to learn and grow, and wants to use their ingenuity to help take this business to the next level. As the Executive Assistant, you will have the responsibility for managing the day-to-day operations of the business and office as well as support the founder and President. In order to succeed in this role, the successful candidate will have extreme attention to detail, excellent professional verbal and written communication skills, and a positive attitude that is virtually unwavering.
You must have strong customer service skills, be comfortable working in a “selling culture,” and love working with people to help make a difference in their lives. It is critical that you be able to manage multiple priorities and be flexible with adjusting to meet shifting priorities, a necessity in a small business environment.
Ideal candidate must be comfortable working with media and senior level clients that require extreme confidentiality.
- Work as part of a small team responsible for managing daily business operations under the direction of the President
- Coordinating sales and marketing related projects, including proposal support, proofreading, and editing
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with office and senior level clients
- Managing public outreach, website development, and social media.
- Manage event planning and logistics for clients
- Manage key vendor relationships especially when executing on projects
- Manage scheduling of meetings and appointments
- Manage production of printed materials and special projects
- Experience coordinating and planning events, working in a fast paced setting
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate independently, employing oversight over existing and future operations and procurements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Have a Bachelor’s or graduate degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field.
- Preferred prior experience working in a consulting and/or small business setting
Deadline – N/A