The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, and is seeking an Assistant Program and Conferences Officer for the Center for International Media Assistance with the NED.
The Assistant Program & Conferences Officer of CIMA reports to CIMA's Senior Director and is responsible for substantive components of CIMA's work, including conceiving, planning, and executing the center's events, conferences, and outreach programs.
- Develop CIMA panel discussions, working groups, conferences, and other events as part of CIMA's overall strategy to highlight the importance of independent media in sustaining democracies around the world.
- Develop creative and innovative digital initiatives that expand the reach of CIMA's public events (for example, virtual events and conferences) and help to build CIMA's global networks online.
- Manage CIMA's internal media working group meetings for program staff within the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
- Work with CIMA's assistant partnerships officer to development and execute working groups with outside institutions, such as universities, donors, and media development implementers.
- Facilitate coordination with NED program staff, including consulting with the NED's regional experts about potential speakers and participants in CIMA programs, discussions, and events.
- Work with CIMA senior director and CIMA editor and publications manager to coordinate a coherent events/publications schedule.
- Coordinate outreach for CIMA and identify key contacts for networking; contribute to CIMA's blog and social media campaigns
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings, conference, and events as assigned by senior director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree; graduate degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in international development, democracy assistance programs, or news media, with experience in international media development preferred
Knowledge of international media issues and/or democracy promotion programs
- Experience in layout and design using the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with CMS, Drupal, and HTML
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- MS Office skills required;
- High degree of organization and initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Authorized to work in the US.
How to apply
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements, contact information for three professional references, and a completed NED Employment Application form. Please send email@example.com, with your name and Assistant Program and Conferences Officer, CIMA– Job #1608 in the subject line. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website atwww.ned.org. Please no phone calls.