Based at New America in Washington DC, Opportunity@Work is a civic enterprise whose mission is to re-wire the U.S. labor market to enable more Americans to achieve upward mobility in the job market and workplace, to facilitate actions by U.S. employers to develop the talent they collectively need to succeed and grow, and to scale up innovations that unlock more fully all people's potential for higher-value, meaningful work - as a source of economic opportunity and national competitive advantage.
Location – Washington DC
Opportunity@Work seeks applicants who have a strong interest in communications, social media and social justice. The successful candidate will report to the Chief of Staff of Opportunity@Work and support and work closely with the Communications Associate. The Communications Intern role is an excellent opportunity for individuals with strong attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple tasks and the desire to further professional skills in communications management and social media to assist in building a national network while working in a collaborative team setting.
- Assist in executing communications plans involving social media, graphic design, digital production, marketing, events, and branding.
- Produce material for Opportunity@Work's Twitter and Facebook pages as well as the Opportunity@Work and TechHire website.
- Edit, proofread and fact-check various submissions/documents
- Design and produce Opportunity@Work and TechHire collateral, including, but not limited to social media graphics, infographics, brochures, and flyers.
- Assist with the organization of local and national events
- Administrative support where needed, including scheduling
- Produce written copy for internal and external resources that communicate the story of TechHire, for the public-facing online presence and materials
- Support ongoing channels of communication with related Opportunity@Work projects and initiatives
- Other projects as assigned
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively, work independently, take initiative and problem solve
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Background in Adobe After Effects is a strong plus.
- Experience using content management systems such as WordPress and SquareSpace is a plus. HTML/CSS proficiency is a plus.
- Experience in working with social media and social media campaigns a strong plus.
- Knowledge in the latest marketing and design trends
- Meticulous attention to detail, organization skills, time management
- Experience or coursework in graphic design, marketing, or communications
- Ability to prioritize competing obligations and consistently meet multiple deadlines
- Eager to learn and adopt communications best practices
- Thrive in a fast paced, high volume, results -oriented environment
- Intellectual curiosity, motivation and a desire to learn on the job
- Interest in work force, social justice and inclusive training/hiring related issues
- Familiarity with social media tools, digital engagement and online communications platforms
- Background (or coursework) and portfolio in graphic design and/or video production.
How to Apply
Apply at http://newamerica.applytojob.com/apply/nMdnBF/Communications-Intern-OpportunityWork
Deadline – N/A