The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) promotes sustainable and equitable transport worldwide. ITDP is a nonprofit organization headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico and the United States. ITDP's programs focus on bus rapid transit, non-motorized travel, travel demand management, parking, transport policy and urban development. More information about ITDP can be found at www.itdp.org.
ITDP is seeking a full time Program Coordinator to join our New York City headquarters team. In this cross-functional role, the Program Coordinator will provide administrative support to the global program and U.S. team, as well as senior management at headquarters and will work on a variety of projects and programs. Primary duties include: assist in writing grant proposals and reports, plan and execute meetings and events, monitor program expenses and grant deliverables, drafting correspondence, making travel arrangements and coordinate resources. This is a unique opportunity to develop a broad-based operations skill set at an international NGO.
The Program Coordinator will report to the Director, Global and U.S. Initiatives. S/he will be expected to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with the senior leadership (CEO, COO, CPO), finance team, program staff, and communications and development teams. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker pursuing a nonprofit administration or philanthropy career with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, experience with nonprofits, event management, and budgets, as well as comprehension of office management systems and procedures.
Location – New York, NY
Support for Global Programs (70%)
- Responsible for daily office logistics in coordinating programs, projects, and special events, including RSVP lists and budget tracking.
- Assist in the development of annual plans for programs, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Coordinate and track the development and processing of program grants and contracts to ensure timely receipt, approval, processing and payment.
- Assist in the management of fiscal operations including draft budget development, tracking expenditures, updating forecasts and monitoring budget vs. actual.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including knowledge of donor requirements to ensure compliance, along with related ITDP policies and procedures for project grants and contracts.
- Conduct specific research, draft materials for external communications such as reports, fact sheets, case studies, etc. and prepare presentations as needed in support of ITDP's programmatic work.
- Work with the global program and communications teams to promote programs via web and print, as well as help develop outreach plans, including contact management.
- Organize calls and meetings as needed both internally and externally.
- Pull together activity lists and progress reports for Board, funders and weekly update.
- Assist in organizing events and workshops, including outreach and follow-up.
- Set up consulting contracts, prepare expense reports and oversee program allocation for time sheets.
- Organize and facilitate study tours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Support for Headquarters (30%)
- Assist the COO and program directors in drafting MOUs, detailed implementation plans, quarterly and annual reports and contracts and agreements.
- Support senior management in organizing staff meetings.
- Produce ITDP social events and capacity building workshops.
- Serve as the back up to the front desk by answering phones, greeting guests and preparing conference spaces as needed.
- Set up consulting contracts and assist in managing deliverables, invoices and payment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years experience in nonprofit or philanthropic administration; internship experience is acceptable.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent command of Google Spreadsheets, Microsoft Office and computer database management systems.
- Collaborative with the ability to build strong relationships across programs and offices.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team across all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Fluency in a foreign language is desirable.
- Salesforce and/or database experience a plus.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience a plus.
- QuickBooks experience a plus.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Deadline – N/A