Americas Society (AS) is the premier forum dedicated to education, debate, and dialogue in the Americas. Its mission is to foster an understanding of the contemporary political, social, and economic issues confronting Latin America, the Caribbean, and Canada, and to increase public awareness and appreciation of the diverse cultural heritage of the Americas and the importance of the inter-American relationship.
Council of the Americas (COA) is the premier international business organization whose members share a common commitment to economic and social development, open markets, the rule of law, and democracy throughout the Western Hemisphere. The Council's membership consists of leading international companies representing a broad spectrum of sectors, including banking and finance, consulting services, consumer products, energy and mining, manufacturing, media, technology, and transportation.
Location – 680 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10065
The Americas Society/Council of the Americas is seeking a professional to fill the position of programs associate, working on Latin America as a whole but with a focus on Brazil. This position requires working closely with our Brazil program manager, our director of public policy programs, and the vice president of public policy programs and corporate relations at our headquarters in New York City.
Compensation: Competitive salary, paid benefits package, and 401(k) profit sharing.
- Manage all related administrative and logistical aspects of programming, such as adding events to our database and website, sending out invitations, registration, and serving as a point of contact with our external vendors before and during an event.
- Conceive and organize economic and policy programs concerning issues of interest to the Council of the Americas’ corporate members.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with foreign diplomats, individual and corporate members of the Americas Society and the Council of the Americas, press, and other constituents involved in Western Hemispheric affairs.
- Work closely with the organization's different departments: Communications, Corporate Relations, Sponsorship, Policy, and the office of the President and CEO.
- Add members to the database (Raiser's Edge) and maintaining its accuracy.
- Conduct research of current regional trends and country specific information, through online resources, printed media, and attendance to various Latin America-related conferences.
- Contribute to our various publications (Americas Quarterly, AS/COA Online) on topics of importance in the region.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Latin American studies, economics, political science, international relations, or other related topic.
- Fluency in Portuguese necessary. Spanish is desirable.
- Have a keen understanding of Latin American and Brazilian business cultures, government functioning, and political landscape.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Latin American economics and politics.
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Team player, ability to multitask, and work under demanding time constraints.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Familiarity with Raiser's Edge is a plus.
How to Apply
Please e-mail résumé to: Diogo Ide, manager, Public Policy Programs at email@example.com. No phone calls please. Please note that only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted. The Americas Society/Council of the Americas is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline – N/A