Charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. Learn more at https://www.charitywater.org/about/mission.php.
Location - 40 Worth Street, Suite 330, New York, NY 10013
As the Communications Manager, you will own and drive media coverage for charity: water. You will play a key role in helping the organization promote its work and spokespeople; re-enforce & extend its position as an influential and trusted voice in the charity sector; and help to grow audiences, traffic and engagement in social communities and media channels. In this role, you will collaborate with a team of highly talented marketers and agency partners, while building an industry-leading media presence. Clear, concise and differentiated communication skills are essential. This is a hands-on role requires commitment and dedication to innovation and teamwork as the pathway to success.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship of the PR Agency of Record and determine the right strategy to create awareness and consideration for charity: water.
- Develop PR-related materials including press releases, media kits and biography profiles.
- Draft talking points for charity: water spokespeople that align to overarching content strategy.
- Align with Marketing to identify ways to elevate brand awareness campaigns.
- Develop road shows and speaking events for CEO, Executive and Key Relationships teams.
- Manage all speaking engagement inquiries and proactively identify speaking opportunities for the organization.
- Manage speaking engagement calendar and liaise with decision makers on securing speaking opportunities while building dedicated communications campaigns around speaker appearances.
- Assist in the creation of targeted content for presentations.
- Establish relationships with key bloggers, blogger networks and influencers.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director on integrating social media activities.
- Lead PR plan development and execution for new product launches.
- Measure & report on media engagement and success, and proactively suggest projects & strategies for continual program improvement.
- Promote coverage achieved to internal audiences, and articulate the impact.
- Keep an up-to-date schedule of work, news, and thought-leadership pieces in order to track the communications pipeline.
- Four years minimum PR experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong writing skills for internal and external communications.
- Able to concept and write perceptive, relevant PR-related content for a diverse set of audiences.
- Experience in social media strategy.
- Organized self-starter, able to prioritize and deliver under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience, including a portfolio of work examples.
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally as needed.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://my.zartis.com/Public/Job/20909?title=communications-manager-new-york
Deadline – N/A