With a problem-solving mandate, the Asia Society Policy Institute (ASPI) tackles major policy challenges confronting the Asia-Pacific in security, prosperity, sustainability, and the development of common norms and values for the region. ASPI seeks a Program Associate for its Washington, DC office to provide executive assistance to the ASPI Vice President and head of the office, provide administrative and research support to ASPI Washington staff, and assist with the logistical coordination of events for ASPI in DC.
Location – Washington DC
Asia Society, a prestigious, global non-profit with an exciting portfolio of programs in the areas of arts and culture, business and policy and education and leadership is seeking a Program Associate, ASPI for our Washington, DC location.
- Provide overall executive assistant to the Vice President/head of the Washington Office, including meeting scheduling and preparation, coordinating travel arrangements, and drafting/editing correspondence
- Assist in coordinating operations of the Asia Society Policy Institute’s DC office
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures to ensure timely and efficient administrative workflow
- Oversee and maintain the Institute’s database of contacts in DC and mailing lists
- Process and track reimbursements and invoices
- Prepare meeting/conference materials (PowerPoint presentations, speeches, meeting documents/materials, correspondence, etc.)
- Assist in coordinating private and public events and meetings, including booking facilities, arranging catering, drafting and distributing invitations, and collecting/tracking RSVPs
- Provide research assistance to the department, including trip and event preparation and project-related background and analysis
- Provide clerical support, including faxing, photocopying, filing, and maintaining office supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree required (in social sciences preferred), with 2-3 years of related work experience
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including proofreading, and editing skills, and ability to research information and present it concisely
- Demonstrated interest in policy issues and/or Asia.
- Must be able to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently follow up on details
- Resourcefulness, with an orientation to measurable results
- Strong ability to interact across time zones and with diverse constituencies, including experts, trustees, funders/donors, and all levels of staff with tact and good judgment
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced Microsoft Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); knowledge of Prezi and database software preferred
- Team player willing to assist where needed
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Indicate job title and reference code JL-1611 in the subject line.
Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back. Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline – N/A