Amnesty International is a global movement of people fighting injustice and promoting human rights.
We work to protect people wherever justice, freedom, truth and dignity are denied. Currently the world’s largest grassroots human rights organization, we investigate and expose abuses, educate and mobilize the public, and help transform societies to create a safer, more just world. We received the Nobel Peace Prize for our life-saving work.
Amnesty International USA is the US National section of Amnesty International.
The Manager of Prospect Research is a key position within the Major Gifts team and drives the processes around prospect identification, research and qualification. The position also manages and updates the processes around donor and prospect “moves management”. Over the next few years this role will take on more importance as the organization develops and implements a strategic growth plan around Major Gifts.
Location – New York, NY
- Develop clear individual donor profiles for Major and Planned Giving donors and prospects that enables the Major Gifts Officers to undertake effective qualification, engagement, cultivation and solicitation meetings and events.
- Proactively identify and qualify significant numbers of new prospects from many different sources for assignment to the major gifts team on a regular basis, providing executive summaries and updating portfolios in the database of record.
- Contribute to the development and administration of the “Moves Management” system currently in place for all donors and prospects in the Major Gifts portfolio.
- Incorporate feedback from the Major Gifts team to improve and develop stronger systems supporting “moves management”.
- Segment, manipulate, and analyze large data sets for periodic wealth screens, coordinating with outside vendors to interpret and disseminate results to the major gifts, planned gifts, and direct response teams.
- Manage comprehensive bi-annual review of all major gift officer portfolios establishing and following clear guidelines, upgrading portfolios with new prospects and downgrading donors through the cultivation pipeline lifecycle.
- Conduct research screens on corporate entities based on organization-wide requests, following AIUSA’s guidelines.
- Exercise judgment as to choice of work method/procedure and to schedule tasks appropriately to meet guidelines.
- Participate in shared responsibility and collaboration with the volunteer and internal and external constituents.
- BA/BS required.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- Experience of donor/prospect pipeline management
- Experience finding and researching new pools of prospective donors.
- Experience finding innovative new approaches to problems
- Experience delivering substantial growth within a program
- Positive, solution oriented approach to work.
- Ability to provide clear, concise information on donors/prospects in the form of comprehensive profiles and event briefings for other key staff
- Working experience of prospect research databases and databases of record
- Adept at summarizing large quantities of information and communicating this to others
- Commitment to protecting human rights and to the mission and work of Amnesty International
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://careers.aiusa.org/vacancy/manager-of-prospect-research--0383/409/description/.
Deadline – N/A