Sentinel Strategy & Policy Consulting, LLC is an established strategic consulting firm located in the Washington, D.C. area that provides advice and assistance on critical issues in the homeland security space. The firm’s professional services touch on virtually all facets of homeland security, with a particular emphasis on border security, customs, immigration, intelligence, and trade and travel.
We pride ourselves on performing mission-related work and supporting public service. Members of our firm have previously served in senior roles within the Department of Homeland Security, as well as on the Hill and in the White House, and we are committed to providing services that advance U.S. and global security interests. As Sentinel grows, we continue to hire outstanding individuals with a variety of experiences who share these professional goals.
More information on the firm can be found at www.sentinelspc.com.
Location - Washington DC
Sentinel Strategy and Policy Consulting, LLC (SPC) is seeking a Homeland Security Consultant or Analyst to support public sector projects in the homeland security field.
This position will entail full-time work (40+ hours per week) on at least one public sector project in the Washington, DC area. The consultant will work as part of a larger SPC and government team responsible for developing a thorough understanding of agency mission and priorities, and advising management accordingly. Because the Consultant will regularly interact with agency leadership, successful candidates must display a high level of professionalism, superior written and oral communication skills, and excellent judgment. Please note that in addition to work on the primary project, the Consultant may be asked to assist with other public and private sector initiatives, and will eventually have the opportunity to participate in other aspects of SPC’s work.
Successful applicants will possess the following qualifications:
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in a related field (e.g., International Relations, Public Policy, Law, Government, Latin American Studies, or Communications)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write professionally
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a high level of confidence and motivation
- Superior research, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task and to make decisions in a fast-paced environment, often under time constraints
- A high level of attention to detail
- 2-6 years of work experience
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship required)
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Demonstrated interest or experience in homeland security, the intelligence community, national security, the Legislative Branch, or other groups working on homeland security issues
- Understanding of immigration, border security, intelligence analysis, the Department of Homeland Security, and/or Congressional processes
- Prior federal management consulting experience
- An active U.S. Government security clearance
An applicant for this position must be a U.S. Citizen and be eligible for a high-level U.S. Government Security Clearance – this means you must be able to pass a rigorous background investigation covering a period of no less than 7 years. Many of our clients maintain a strict policy regarding the prior use of illegal substances (such as recreational or non-prescribed pharmaceutical drugs) and other violations of U.S. law, including illegally obtaining or sharing copyrighted material. Any such incidents may result in an unfavorable adjudication by the government. For these reasons, SPC seeks candidates with a high likelihood of being successful in the clearance process, and existing high-level clearances are valued.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and original writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Consultant Application- Young Professionals in Foreign Policy” as the subject line. Sentinel does not accept applications directly through LinkedIn or through our website. Please note that applications that are submitted without a resume and writing sample will not be considered, and candidates who are offered an interview may be asked to provide academic transcripts.
Deadline - N/A