Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Location - Nepal
Program Manager will manage the SP Food/Cash-for-Work and Food/Cash-for-Training (FFW, CFW, FFT, and CFT) project in Nepal. This Program Manager will supervise and provide leadership for this program with oversight responsibilities in SP Nepal food security program located in the districts of Nuwakot, Dhading, and Rasuwa.
- Overall management of SP FFW, CFW, FFT & CFT project implementation within given budgets and timeframes. Responsible for project development per the overall program goal. Provide management with documentation of program achievement.
- Design/ develop projects utilizing FFW, CFW, FFT, and CFT development and recovery based on the need gap, in cooperation with overall program goals.
- Develop and maintain liaison with target communities, respective government office, UN agencies, and international and local NGOs.
- Create structures and systems for payment lists, bank token distributions, beneficiary ID cards, beneficiary selection, and post distribution marketing.
- Develop work program structure in conjunction with other SP programs
- Develop and implement trainings designed to empower nationals in specific skill sets in exchange for food or cash.
- Oversee Food Security Cluster meetings coordinated by SP - Attend National FS Cluster meetings as needed
- Develop and provide technical guidance to facilitate implementation and monitoring of programs and activities within the SP Field Offices.
- Oversee preparation, information dissemination, cash distribution, and timely reporting of programmatic challenges.
- Oversee food storage, transport, and distributions
- Evaluate impact on beneficiaries and document outcomes, lessons learned, and best practices in food and cash-for-work programs within Nepal.
- Advise the Country Office, Field Offices, and donors on appropriate cash implementation and related information on risk management.
- Train relevant staffs on record maintenance, accounting for cash and food as stipulated in Field Level Agreement (FLA), and ensure that reports required for WFP are accurate and provided as scheduled.
- Identify protection issues, challenges in implementation, and advocate for appropriate responses.
- Willingness to travel extensively between field locations
- Field-level coordination and mobilization experience, people skills, and office/outlook proficiency.
- Able to be diplomatic in communications with all NGO, governmental, and community partners.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in an ever changing environment.
- Proven ability to act as mediator with possible labor or personnel disputes.
How to Apply
Apply at http://www.samaritanspurse.org/.
Deadline – N/A