An active philanthropic network, the Council on Foundations, founded in 1949, is a nonprofit leadership association of grantmaking foundations and corporations. It provides the opportunity, leadership, and tools needed by philanthropic organizations to expand, enhance and sustain their ability to advance the common good. The Council empowers professionals in philanthropy to meet today's toughest challenges and advances a culture of charitable giving in the U.S. and globally.
Location – Arlington, Virginia and Venezuela
Develops communications in support of the Council and the philanthropic field, especially in support of its thought leadership on philanthropy issues, relevant programming and the Council’s public policy agenda. He or she is responsible for helping craft and effectively disseminating those messages to Council members, the philanthropic sector, federal policymakers, and the media to further build valuable relationships between the Council’s staff and its critical audiences.
Responsible for collaborating with marketing team to create compelling, creative, integrated marketing strategies that reinforce the value of membership in the Council and underscores the benefits of our products, services, and events.
· Pro-actively identifies opportunities for mainstream and social media coverage to raise awareness of the Council, Council experts and staff, and the philanthropic sector, including conferences, Hill briefings, editorial board visits, op-ed placements, and current events/media stories affecting philanthropy. Develops and distributes materials required for these occasions.
· Handles all media inquiries, working with Council CEO, and Executive Team to arrange interviews, provide statements, offer resources, and/or recommend other sources. Works to enhance the Council’s position as the “go to” source for credible, helpful information about philanthropy for mainstream and social media.
· Drafts and reviews speeches, talking points, briefing materials, articles, op-eds, and other products that can help establish the Council’s thought leadership. Conducts research on which such products can be based.
· Understands the various Council audiences and the value the Council brings to them and proactively identifies new opportunities for sharing value.
· Serves as communications point person on all Council events and conferences to manage creative campaigns and registration campaigns.
· Implements marketing plans strategically.
· Manages the Council’s Awards program.
· Oversees the development of a monthly Twitter Chat on important topics of interest in philanthropy.
· Provides communications counsel to colleagues on Council programs, including Member Engagement and Public Policy.
· Tracks communications department efficacy against stated objectives and produces a monthly report on progress.
· Fosters culture of consistent and continuous internal communications.
How to Apply
Apply at http://www.cof.org/about.
Deadline – Deadline: N/A