Founded in 2010, Wamda has grown to become the go-to platform for entrepreneurship in the region. It launched three major arms media, community programs and research lab.
Wamda is a platform of programs and networks that aims to accelerate entrepreneurship ecosystems across MENA. Our core competencies are in community development, media, research, and advisory services. Each of which is a core pillar to supporting entrepreneurship in the region. Collectively, these programs make Wamda into the leading grassroots content, community and knowledge platform for entrepreneurs and their supporting ecosystem.
Wamda is run by a passionate team of entrepreneurs and experts and by a board of leading serial entrepreneurs and investors.
Location: Amman, Jordan or Beirut, Lebanon. Dubai, UAE could also be an option
Wamda is looking for a dynamic individual to lead the Wamda Research Lab (WRL – research.wamda.com). The WRL is the first and leading research program focusing on entrepreneurship development in MENA. It also serves as the knowledge hub of Wamda, supporting other programs in research efforts and tracking company impact. As a Director, you will be responsible for overseeing the program's research and operational processes as well as managing and recruiting for the WRL team.
Most importantly, you will be integral to shaping Wamda’s culture and mission with other program Directors. Wamda is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs across MENA and you would be playing a critical role in meeting the company’s objectives.
- Develop and oversee implementation of WRL research agenda
- Author research reports for WRL and Wamda's research partners
- Lead technical segments of Wamda advisory projects
- Manage WRL's team, partnerships and memberships in research consortiums
- Lead impact measurement of Wamda's programs
- 5+ years of experience with previous work in a leadership capacity, preferably with a focus on strategy consulting or research at a think tank or similar institution
- Exceptional analytical, written, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated track record working with data including data collection and analysis
- Proven track record of publication and thought leadership development, particularly within the field of entrepreneurship, economic, investment or SME development
- Knowledge of research design and survey work
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for research
- Experience working in emerging/developing markets is a big plus
- Experience in data analytics is a big plus
- Ability to travel occasionally in and outside of the region required
- Fluency in English is required, fluency or high proficiency in Arabic is a big plus
How to Apply
To apply please send a CV, cover letter, contact information for 1-2 references and writing sample to email@example.com. Writing samples should reflect strong analytical thinking and mastery of some element of economic or social development.
Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis