The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and tolerant societies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people.
We seek to strengthen the rule of law; respect for human rights, minorities, and a diversity of opinions; democratically elected governments; and a civil society that helps keep government power in check.
We help to shape public policies that assure greater fairness in political, legal, and economic systems and safeguard fundamental rights.
We implement initiatives to advance justice, education, public health, and independent media.
We build alliances across borders and continents on issues such as corruption and freedom of information.
Working in every part of the world, the Open Society Foundations place a high priority on protecting and improving the lives of people in marginalized communities.
Location – 224 West 57th Street, New York, NY
The Office of Communications plays a central role in the work of the Foundations by coordinating and strengthening the public presence of the global network and by helping to advance relevant issues. Communications works to raise the Foundations’ public profile by promoting the network’s many noteworthy achievements as well as responding to attacks from opponents of open society around the world. The department employs media outreach, publications, and the web to assist dozens of Open Society foundations and programs in their communications efforts.
The Web Producer is a professional digital role at Open Society Foundations, providing web support and content strategy for all Open Society web platforms and accounts. Much of the work of the Web Producer may involve maximizing the impact of our online content, collaborating with teams, and executing strategies across a variety of digital projects including interactives, social media, audience engagement, and knowledge sharing with contributors.
The Web Producer is responsible for planning and maintaining all elements of Open Society Foundations online work, including www.opensocietyfoundations.org, related websites and email, and social media platforms. Primary responsibilities include managing websites and related projects; building interactives; reviewing user needs and requests; and training a distributed team of web contributors to develop content that is up to date and relevant.
This role requires specialized skills/knowledge in the required subject matter. The Web Producer’s duties involve day-to-day execution of aspects of strategy, which are carried out with limited supervision.
The role typically manages projects involving effective deployment of time, money, and human resources, intradepartmental coordination, effective communication, and collaborative problem solving. Building and maintaining effective collegial relationships across geographies and cultures is critical as well.
- Managing a range of Open Society digital projects, including updating and maintaining content on www.opensocietyfoundations.org and other Open Society websites
- Contributing to all phases of the digital project lifecycle, including planning, requirement gathering, documentation, development, testing, and rollout
- Managing production and ensuring media products (including podcasts, slideshows, interactives, and audio/video) conform to editorial standards and complement associated content on web and other platforms; editing/cropping photos and other assets as needed
- Creating and sending email updates, managing email list database, segmentation policies, and HTML templates
- Leading web trainings and support sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience/education
- 5–7 years of experience in a situation relevant to the duties of this role
- Experience in writing, proofreading, and editing communications content
- Experience with the tools and protocols used for electronic publishing and web development, including HMTL, XML, CSS, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Broad experience with contact and content management, particularly using Drupal, WordPress, MailChimp, and SalesForce
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging social media, web content platforms, web analytics, and search engine optimization
- Demonstrated ability to craft messages for multiple audiences
- Strong project management skills
- Strong understanding of cultural differences and the proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds within a complex organization
- Knowledge of best practices, key organizations, and networks active in the field relevant to communications
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://osfglobal.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/OSF/job/New-York/Web-Producer_JR-0000288-1/apply. Please upload a resume and cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline - May 20, 2016