The Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs is seeking candidates for the role of Research Associate. The Belfer Center is the hub for Harvard University’s research, teaching, and training in international security affairs. In 2017, it was ranked the world’s #1 university-affiliated think-tank for the fourth year in a row.
Location - Boston
The Research Associate supports the director of the Center by conducting in-depth research on international security issues and supervising the collaborative activities of a small research team. The Associate plays a leading role in developing research products, including policy memos, op-eds, journal articles, and book projects.
- Candidates must have significant knowledge of, and interest in, current international security issues; proficiency in statistical and quantitative methods; and excellent research, writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Master’s degree in public administration, public policy, political science, international relations, or a closely related field is required.
- Experience in a managerial role and a minimum of 2-3 years related work experience performing research (quantitative or qualitative) are also required. Prior experience in an academic or think-tank setting is a plus.
- Candidates should be mature self-starters with sound judgment, have the capacity to work with a wide range of individuals, and ability to manage a variety of tasks/research projects simultaneously.
How to Apply
Send the following materials to Belfer_RArecruiting@hks.harvard.edu:
(1) Cover letter of 300 words or less
(2) One-page résumé
(3) Official or unofficial transcript PDF
(4) Analytic writing sample of 20 pages or less
(5) Names and contact information for three references (At least one reference should address candidate’s managerial skills)
All applicants must also submit the copy of their resume and cover letter via the Harvard employment website at: http://hr.harvard.edu/search-jobs (See Job ID# 41922BR)
Deadline - April 5, 2017