The Global Justice Center (GJC) is a fast-growing influential human rights organization based in New York City that uses the progressive enforcement of international law. Gender equality is the foundational premise of all Global Justice Center’s legal work. We work at the United Nations and with global partners including governments, civil society leaders in conflict and post-conflict situations.
Location – 11 Hanover Square, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10005
The Global Justice Center is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic Director of Development with exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. We are looking for a passionate human rights advocate, an innovative thinker, and a dynamic collaborator who is interested in joining a high-energy and dedicated team. This position requires a creative leader with experience building development strategies for a growing organization and spearheading successful fundraising campaigns for both foundations and individual donors.
- Collaborating with the President and senior staff to develop annual and multi-year fundraising plans and define philanthropic goals and strategies.
- Working closely with the President on development of GJC’s annual budget, financial reports, and fundraising documents.
- Spearheading strategic planning, special stewardship initiatives, fundraising appeals, and donor prospecting.
- Collaborating closely with the Board of Directors and the President on institutional strengthening.
- Establishing an annual fundraising calendar and quarterly goals and managing the fundraising efforts of GJC’s Board members and other fundraising team members.
- Ensuring that all fundraising objectives are aligned with organizational initiatives and priorities.
- Developing strategies to acquire new individual donors.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with current individual donors.
- Utilizing and maintaining donor database in Salesforce as a tool for growth.
- Managing all grant applications and grant reporting in close coordination with support staff.
- Seeking out new institutional giving opportunities.
- Overseeing correspondence with potential and current institutional donors.
- Collaborating seamlessly with Communications Team to develop consistent messaging and fundraising strategies.
- Supervising and fostering professional development in junior development staff.
- Growing the development department.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field, or a Bachelor’s Degree and commensurate experience.
- 3-5 years fundraising and grant writing experience, including with individual donors and large foundations.
- Experience developing and managing budget―prior training or coursework in accounting and familiarity with QuickBooks preferred.
- Experience managing innovative donor cultivation strategies with a small team.
- Experience grant prospecting and cultivating new donor relationships.
- Experience planning, managing, and executing fundraising campaigns.
- Strong computer and database skills, especially with Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, Constant Contact, and social media platforms.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write well under tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter including salary requirements, a writing sample, and your CV to Liz Olson: email@example.com.
Deadline – March 31st, 2016, but applications will be considered on a rolling basis.