Global Health Strategies (GHS) is an international consulting company that works with clients to ensure development and worldwide delivery of health products, technologies and information.
GHS has offices in New York, New Delhi, Rio de Janeiro, Beijing and Nairobi and supports work in diverse countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. We specialize in global health communications, advocacy, research and strategy. We focus on international public health issues that impact developing nations and emerging markets. Our clients include foundations, industry, NGOs, government agencies, academic institutions and product development partnerships.
Location – 38 East 32nd Street, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10016
Associates at Global Health Strategies are key, visible members of project teams, given high-impact, meaningful work from day one. Working alongside peers and senior management, Associates help develop and execute communications and advocacy strategies for our clients. Our work is driven by our commitment to the issues, which in turn drives our commitment to enhancing our client’s efforts to address some of the world’s toughest health challenges.
Associates have a range of responsibilities related to communications, advocacy and client or project management.
- Drafting and editing documents, including press releases, fact sheets, speeches, Q&As
- Identifying trends, opportunities and key reporters in the US, Europe, Africa and emerging markets
- Maintaining databases of media contacts
- Monitoring topic-specific global health developments and media coverage
- Liaising with journalists to ensure and guide coverage of key global health issues
- Developing a thorough understanding of the global health and science media landscape
- Researching global health policies and funding opportunities
- Identifying invitees, developing agendas or presentations, and managing the logistics for advocacy events
- Drafting research, policy analyses, reports and presentations
- Tracking project team monthly activities and account deliverables
- Managing team calendars and travel logistics
- Liaising with clients on projects and deliverables
- Updating the larger team on project developments and status
- Attending events and meetings with senior management on behalf of clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
The right candidate will be whip-smart, poised and an exceptional written communicator. While in-depth knowledge of global health is not required, a demonstrated passion for social change is essential.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable in a fast-paced international environment
- Excellent research skills
- Quick learner
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Experience with project management
- Willing to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Foreign language skills (French or Spanish, in particular)
- International work experience
- Communications, public relations, or journalism experience
- Global health experience
- Master’s degree in a related field
How to Apply
Please apply at http://globalhealthstrategies.com/usa-opportunities.
Deadline – N/A