Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and well-being of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress particularly in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The Associate of Policy and Advocacy plays a role in helping to shape and implement Women Deliver’s policy and advocacy strategic undertakings, as well as support the Deliver for Good campaign activities.
Location – New York, NY
- Conducts the media monitoring, keeps apprised of evidence and case studies, monitors of global and national platforms and to support the ongoing strengthening of the in-house expertise on with Women Deliver’s advocacy issues and the investment areas of the Deliver for Good Campaign.
- Develops in-depth landscape analyses to inform Women Deliver’s global and in-country advocacy efforts.
- Supports the implementation of strategic plans for advocacy activities including, but not limited to: Women Deliver’s 2019 conference; Deliver for Good; thematic meetings; country consultations and convenings; and other advocacy events around key calendar dates (e.g., Commission on the Status of Women; the High-Level Political Forum; the World Health Assembly, UN General Assembly and others as they arise).
- Contributes technical guidance and quality assurance on advocacy and policy work as a whole.
- Contributes to advocacy outreach efforts and supports the development of meeting notes, evidence-based policy briefs, presentations, advocacy statements, toolkits, talking points, responses to relevant advocacy moments with messages and materials.
- Supports the development of and revision to donor reports, grant proposals, and other documents as necessary.
- Supports the advocacy team in following ongoing policy debates and development at the UN, regional and in-country gatherings, as appropriate and relevant.
- Supports relationships and partnerships with stakeholders from civil society, private and public organizations, and national/international decision makers and government officials.
- Supports Women Deliver’s involvement in the Equal Measures 2030 partnership by participating in Working Groups calls and activities and helping to prepare and review materials, as needed.
- Works with the advocacy team and the external relations team to support Women Deliver’s private sector engagement, including the development of landscape analysis and preparing briefings prior to meetings, working with BSR to advance the Business Action Network; engaging in other bilateral engagements, and support the 2019 conference private sector engagement, as requested.
- Helps to develop materials and coordinate logistics for advocacy trainings for partners and key stakeholders.
- Participates in various events, meetings, and conferences connected to the development and execution of Women Deliver’s advocacy priorities.
- Organizes and attend meetings, briefings, conferences, and other events relevant to the Women Deliver’s advocacy work, prepares notes, and coordinates event logistics, as needed.
- Works to ensure the timely completion of deliverables related to the work plan.
- Helps evaluate the results of Women Deliver’s advocacy messages and activities and reflect the results in donor reports and board reports.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS required in a related field such as public health, international relations, gender studies, political science, or human rights.
- 3-5 years of work experience, working with diverse cultures on global health or international development campaigns, programs, or initiatives.
- Expertise in and passion for gender equality, international maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, with an emphasis on girls and women – a background in economic empowerment, girls’ education, or climate change is an added plus.
- Experience working on advocacy and communications campaigns.
- Solid research experience evaluating quantitative and qualitative research with the ability to discern high-quality data sources.
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to apply strategic and creative thinking, while being persistent, motivated, proactive, energetic, and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skill and ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences, cultures, and organizations to ensure productive partnerships.
- Ability to design and implement creative, analytical approaches to improve programs and projects.
- Ability to translate technical reports and research into materials for non-technical audiences.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and adept in creating professional PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Superb writing and editing skills, and professional communication and presentation skills in English.
- Native proficiency in French, is strongly preferred; and at least a conversational and written intermediate proficiently is required.
- Must be able eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Deadline – June 30, 2017