The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action group, combining the grassroots power of 2.4 million members and online activists with the courtroom clout and expertise of nearly 550 lawyers, scientists and other professionals to fight for the planet and its people in the halls of Congress, communities across the country, and nations around the globe. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff – a force for nature - work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking a Development Assistant in our NY Office. This position provides administrative support to individuals in our Development Department: The Eastern Director of Major Gifts, Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations, two Portfolio Managers in the New York Major Gifts Department, the Donor Systems Team and others in the department as needed.
This position will assist with the cultivation, stewardship, and management of NRDC’s Major Gifts donors and prospects as well as other external relationships, and will also provide extensive administrative support in planning for NRDC Major Gifts cultivation events. Job duties will be 80% administrative and will include preparing letters, general correspondence and donor briefings; creating and maintaining donor and income tracking spreadsheets; researching donor prospects and current donors; maintaining major gifts databases and recording donor interactions; scheduling, recording, and gathering materials for meetings; processing expenses and invoices; assisting with gift entries on our development database; and other tasks as needed.
Location – New York, NY
- Calendar management for supervisors, scheduling meetings, and preparing meeting materials
- Assist with event planning tasks
- Record meetings and distribute meeting minutes to ensure that action items are kept on track
- Conduct research on prospective and existing donors and developing short, written summaries
- Prepare expense reports and process invoices
- Handle travel arrangements for supervisors
- Coordinate catering, AV equipment, and other logistics for conferences/meetings
- General administrative tasks such as filing, mailing, printing, copying, faxing and distributing documents
- Ensure proper donor activity tracking in database, including contact information, major gift call reports, event attendance and moves management stages
- Process and acknowledge gifts in a timely manner
- Provide regular standing reports and ad hoc reports as needed
- General Database processing and data entry
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Experience and comfort working with high profile individuals
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Nonprofit database experience, Salesforce and or Donor Direct preferred
- Self-directed, with the ability to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple projects
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://careers-nrdc.icims.com/jobs/3690/development-assistant%2c-donor-systems/job?mode=job&iis=Job+Board&iisn=Indeed.
Deadline – N/A