Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We pride ourselves as a learning organization that embraces continuous improvement in program results and processes and a culture of accountability.
Location – Washington DC
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the position of Program Associate I for its Education and Empowerment unit within the Civil Society & Education group. The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
- Support implementation of select projects by serving as the liaison between Chiefs of Party and home office under direction of a program officer. Specific tasks include:
- Work with Program Officers, Operations, and Finance to address all problems that surface in the field and require home office attention
- Maintain systems and information for tracking select projects such as donor requirements, project deliverables, project ending dates and project disbursement dates
- Assist in the preparation of work plans, quarterly and annual reports to donors
- Review field expenses and ensure correct coding of all project expenses
- Conduct project-related research, as needed
- Conduct occasional field visits to monitor project
- Gather and compile best practices, success stories, and lessons learned
- Conduct short-term research and other tasks as assigned by the Group Senior Director and/or the Unit Director
- Draft contracts/subcontracts for consultants and all follow-up with payments, including expense reimbursements and deliverable submission
- Assist in project start-up and close-out procedures.
- Support new business. Specific tasks include:
- Serve in the role of Proposal Coordinator, assisting the Proposal Lead in setting deadlines, coordinating tasks, facilitating adherence to the proposal schedule, coordinating and revising partner inputs, and supervising proposal production & delivery.
- Serve in the role of Budget Coordinator, working with Proposal Lead to develop and finalize the proposal budget and cost documents.
- Write and compile capability statements, CVs, and other non-technical proposal components.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Relevant experience a plus in technical areas mentioned above
- Demonstrated skills in project planning and budgeting
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in English required, proficiency in additional languages specifically French, highly desired.
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times; ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities while ensuring quality output.
- Proficiency in institutional supported software (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Field experience desirable
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- PMD certification a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
How to Apply
Applicants should go to http://www.winrock.org/page/careers-winrock and submit a current resume, cover letter and reference contacts to the attention of PA1EE by September 30, 2015.
Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted. EEOE/AA.
Deadline - September 30, 2015.