The International Institute for Strategic Studies is a leading authority on global security, political risk and military conflict. It is headquartered in London with offices in Bahrain, Singapore, and the United States.
Location - Washington DC
The International Institute for Strategic Studies – Americas is seeking a volunteer graduate intern to work 20-30 hours a week to support the activities of its office in Washington, DC, for Spring 2017.
Successful applicants can expect to gain direct exposure to the work and management of a leading international think tank.
Duties will include:
- Research support. This includes ad hoc projects to support the work of the Executive Director/Director of the Non-Proliferation and Nuclear Policy Programme, as well as IISS researchers in London, Singapore, or Bahrain, as necessary.
- Event, administrative, and operations support. You will be expected to assist with IISS-Americas events and daily administrative tasks. Those with previous office experience are preferred.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Be currently enrolled in a graduate program studying security studies, international relations, or a related field. Preference will be given to students focusing on nuclear non-proliferation and arms control.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or the equivalent.
- Be proactive and a self-starter able to work in a small team environment.
- Be eligible to work in the US. IISS-Americas regrets that it cannot assist with procuring visas or entry permits. Please include your work eligibility in your application.
How to Apply
The resume and cover letter should be sent as two separate PDF files via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Your Name – Spring 2017 Graduate Internship Application.” Please include your full name in the title for each separate document.
Deadline - N/A