The Global Business Coalition for Education (GBC-Education) brings the business community together to accelerate progress in delivering quality education for all of the world’s children and youth. We believe that education is the birthright of every child and the key to expanded opportunity and future employment. For companies, investing in education promotes economic growth, leads to more stable societies, fosters healthy communities and makes it easier to do business. Education spurs innovation and increases the skills of employees, the income potential of consumers and the prosperity of communities where business operates. GBC-Education’s assets include the voice, capabilities, resources, and innovations of our leaders and member companies.
Location – New York, NY
The Global Business Coalition for Education is seeking a full-time project assistant to support the team on all aspects of our work, including communications, digital media, member engagement and administration. The ideal candidate for this role must have strong attention to detail, multitasking, and organization skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The Coalition consists of a network of more than 100 high profile businesses supporting global education around the world and has a track record in leading innovative and groundbreaking partnerships and initiatives.
The role will suit someone that is well-organized, efficient, enjoys communication and media projects and wants make an impact supporting global education around the world.
- Draft blogs and create content for the GBC-Education Website
- Maintain the GBC-Education website
- Develop original content for web stories, blogs, and social media
- Assist with the development of monthly communications hot sheets and quarterly newsletters
- Assist in tracking and supporting member engagement
- Utilize Salesforce to track and maintain contacts and correspondence
- Support the team by drafting initial documents and emails based on meetings
- Maintain, monitor, and update materials and resources
- Handle and coordinate confidential information with an extremely high level of discretion
- Create, organize and maintain accurate written and electronic files
- Provide background materials/details on meetings/travel preparation as needed
- Support planning of high-level events, roundtables and working calls by managing correspondence to track responses and ordering event materials
- Provide feedback on messaging for internal/external materials
- Follow up on action items
- Administrative support as needed (i.e. expenses, mailings, managing event registration, etc.)
The Project Assistant must be an analytical, organized, resourceful, and highly responsible individual with a high degree of professionalism, and a flexible and collaborative spirit.
- Exceptional writing, research, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, balance and adapt to multiple priorities, work flexibly in a fast-paced environment and work cross-culturally
- Bachelor's degree required. Master degree preferred. A minimum of two years related work experience in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively, independently, and virtually with teams across offices
- Great attention to details and copy editing skills, with high standards of performance
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, personable, proactive and forward thinker open to new challenges in a dynamic working environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com. State “Project Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline – N/A