The World Economic Forum USA is an independent non-profit organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging constituents in partnerships to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Incorporated as a non-profit business league (approved §501(c)6 of the IRS code) and based in New York, the World Economic Forum USA is impartial and not-for-profit; it is tied to no political, partisan or national interests. It is the North American affiliate of the World Economic Forum, an international institution for public-private cooperation headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, under the supervision of the Swiss federal government.
Location – 3 East 54th Street, 18th Floor, New York, NY
The Digital Economy and Society team works to help businesses, governments and society navigate technological shifts by providing a trusted global platform that is open and where all stakeholders can collaborate and form community networks. The Community Specialist will actively shape and work on projects and initiatives to unlock the opportunities of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, particularly the digital transformation of industries and governance systems.
- Contribute to thought leadership and provide project management support on strategy, structure and polices related to newly established networks
- Lead research and active engagement of the Future Intelligence platform function, which explores opportunities and tipping points for future transformations
- Support the work of the Global Future Councils relevant to the Digital Economy and Society Initiative
- Own responsibility for event management, handling logistics and operations for all meetings in coordination with relevant teams
- Execute processes for the team to guarantee efficient organization and communication, as well as serve as the key point of contact for internal teams
- Manage the team’s activities, including meetings, events, calls, write regular team meeting minutes and follow-up on deliverables
- Direct content and distribution of materials and tools on the Forum website and proprietary TopLink platform to ensure consistent quality of communications with constituents
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration, international relations, public policy or a similar field (master’s degree preferred)
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience, ideally a combination of the private and public sectors
- Proven interest in digital policy issues, including internet governance, cybersecurity and national digital strategies
- Ability to thrive in a demanding environment and handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Responsible, independent and self-driven; demonstrate excellent organizational, project and time management skills, and possess high attention to detail
- Self-starting and flexible team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Please apply online at http://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk06/ats/careers/apply.jsp?org=WEFORUM&cws=1&rid=222.
Deadline – N/A