Established in 2007, Results for Development (R4D) is a Washington DC-based organization dedicated to accelerating social and economic progress in low and middle income countries. R4D creates real solutions to complex problems by incubating new models to address the unmet needs of the world’s poor. R4D brings to bear its depth of expertise, analytical rigor, extensive networks, and implementation experience to work on a broad and ambitious set of development issues -- improving health, governance, and education in poor countries and leveraging global markets for large-scale social gain.
Location – Washington DC
R4D seeks a Program Associate/Senior Program Associate to provide technical, project management, and administrative support to the education team across a variety of projects. These projects could include but would not necessarily be limited to work in the area(s) of innovation in education, education financing, out-of-school children, skills for employability, learning and evaluation, and early childhood development
Responsibilities of the Program Associate/Senior Program Associate would encompass a range of research, project management and administrative tasks across multiple projects.
Potential tasks and responsibilities include:
- Conduct research on technical and policy issues related to global education topics
- Produce highly polished presentations, concept notes, briefing materials, and other products such as blog posts, newsletters, meeting summaries, thought pieces, and e-communications on key topics of interest
- Foster current and future collaborative relationships with country and technical partners
- Assist with data management and quantitative analyses
- Participate in relevant conferences, workshops, and meetings; prepare briefing notes and write summary reports, as necessary
- Assist with a range of project management and administrative responsibilities, including developing contracts, budgeting and expenditure tracking, organizing meetings and workshops, and coordinating travel arrangements
- Assist with the development of proposals
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal education Program Associate/ Senior Program Associate will be a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication and presentation skills. The Program Associate/Senior Program Associate must be able to function with some supervision, complete duties creatively and effectively, and have a strong commitment to excellence. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience in international development at a research organization, academic institution, government, bilateral or multilateral development agency, consulting firm, NGO, or think tank
- A demonstrated knowledge of global development issues, with interest in global education
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation, and inter-personal skills; strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations and present data in a way that is easily understood
- Experience with data collection, management and analysis, including knowledge of Excel and other relevant software
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and handle competing time and resource demands
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Enthusiasm, energy, good judgment, and humor
- Professional competency in French and/or Spanish desired but not essential
- Master’s Degree in education, economics, public policy or international development a plus
R4D aims to hire and nurture talented, energetic people who are passionate about making a difference for the poor in developing countries, while capable of taking an analytic and pragmatic view toward development challenges. We seek people who fit well into our organizational model.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, salary range requirements and 2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ‘JOB TITLE – Your Name’ in the Subject line. No telephone or e-mail inquiries please. In addition to detailing your qualifications and interest, please also mention your start-date availability.