The Economic Innovation Group (EIG) is an ideas laboratory and advocacy organization dedicated to forging a more dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovative U.S. economy for the 21st century. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., and led by an experienced, bipartisan team, EIG convenes leading experts from the public and private sectors, develops original research, and works to advance creative policy solutions that will bring new jobs, investment, and economic growth to communities across America.
Location – Washington DC
The Manager for Public Affairs will work with the Senior Director for Communications & Public Affairs and the broader EIG Executive Team and staff to develop and implement effective communications strategies, press activities, media relations, and public events that will promote the brand and reputation of EIG. Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Strategic Communications - Support the development of key messaging around organizational and project goals.
• Public Relations - Actively cultivate and manage press relationships (including national, D.C., and financial and technology sectors) to ensure coverage surrounding all organization activities, events, and announcements.
• Writing - Write, edit, and produce a diverse portfolio of print and digital content, including:
External - social media posts, press releases, blog content, presentations, speeches, and events-related materials.
Internal - Memos, updates, presentations, and newsletters that inform internal stakeholders.
Minimum 5 years of public relations experience; economic policy and political communications experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Proven experience drafting media materials, including press releases, fact sheets, speeches, and op-eds.
• Basic graphic design experience and website management skills.
• Skilled at developing high-quality presentations using Keynote or PowerPoint.
• Experience with email marketing software and content management systems.
• Adept at project management, handling competing priorities, and working collaboratively.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in a start-up environment.
• Passion for bringing the voice of innovative entrepreneurs and investors to the national economic policy debate.
• Self-motivated, creative, organized, and deeply committed to personal and organizational excellence.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Milica Cosic, with the subject line “Manager for Public Affairs.”
Manager for Operations and Administration
Economic Innovation Group