Uhuru child works to build relationships with people in the developing world to liberate them from the bondage of extreme poverty by providing children access to quality education and by creating employment for adults through social businesses.
Location- Limuru, Kenya
This position acts as big picture leadership for the school focusing on creating positive school culture, motivating staff, setting high academic expectations and planning for school expansion and upkeep. Additionally, this position conducts professional development of teaching staff as a part of expansion/school culture vision. Finally, this person co-leads with the Principal on logistics at the school regarding exams, local government meetings and trainings, field trips, budgets, etc.
- Support the Principal in leading the school:
- Managing staff hiring, contracts, expectations and evaluations,
- Communicating with parents and
- Supervising major student development and discipline issues.
- Manage school budget, cash requests and receipts
- Teach one, non-core subject (eg. Art, Computer Studies, Math Games, Music or French)
- Oversee all advertising and marketing for the school
- Oversee all renovations or repairs of the school property
- Apply for additional funding
Desired Skills/Prior Experience:
- Prior work in East Africa
- Strong writing skills
- People management skills
- Positive and passionate about development through education
- High school teaching experience
- School administration experience
- Either undergraduate or graduate degree in Education, Education Leadership, International Education or Education Policy
How to Apply
- Contact Caitlyn Griffith-Heritage at Caitlyn@uchild.com
- Contract Duration: 2-5 years
- Salary: Position requires support-raising