The Harbour Group (THG) is an independent, strategic communications firm that works with Fortune 500 companies, high-growth start-ups, non-profit organizations, and international players to help them tell compelling stories to achieve their goals. THG helps sovereign governments, international institutions and foreign investors understand and reach policymakers and opinion leaders. More than strategists and advisors, THG does the work – designing and implementing winning communications, outreach, and public diplomacy campaigns that deliver results.
Location – Washington DC
The Harbour Group (THG) is looking for a smart, hard-working recent college graduate with a strong interest in communications, public relations and international affairs. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have strong research and writing skills. Organizational skills are a must, and candidates should be able to juggle multiple assignments at once while working on teams with other professionals.
THG’s Account Coordinators are responsible for supporting client account teams and the firm’s office operations. Additional position responsibilities include:
- Monitoring relevant print, broadcast, online and social media coverage of key client issues and preparing reports.
- Researching relevant policy and business issues and writing briefing materials.
- Drafting social media content, event invitations, website or other electronic updates, for use by client account teams.
- Conducting background research of media, policymakers and other third-party stakeholders; maintaining contact databases and developing lists.
- Pitching story ideas to media and securing coverage.
- Attending events and meetings and preparing follow-up reports.
- Organizing and managing event logistics, including coordinating with outside vendors.
- Performing office administrative functions, including ordering supplies, supporting IT and financial staff, and answering phones.
Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel). An advanced degree is preferred. Foreign language skills are a plus, with a focus on Arabic or Chinese.
How to Apply
For more information, or to submit a cover letter and resume, contact Matthew Triaca at email@example.com.
Deadline – N/A