The EastWest Institute (EWI) is an independent NGO that works to reduce international conflict, addressing seemingly intractable problems that threaten world security and stability. EWI is recognized and trusted for its unique capacity to bring together key policymakers, experts, business leaders and groundbreaking innovators—forging new connections, driving dialogue and introducing sustainable solutions.
The Program Associate is a critical member of the team and functions as the main liaison to EWI’s Turkish office. Based in New York City s/he manages the execution of strategic policy change through policy analysis and convenings, administration of related activities and designated project budgets, and related networking.
Location – New York, NY
- Manage a designated project budget, forecast, and monitor trends in expenditures.
- Administer and execute project plans.
- Identify priorities and carry out activities.
- Facilitate communication on activities and responsibilities.
- Organize international forums and meetings to enhance the analysis.
- Serve as program’s liaison to staff and external contacts.
- Follow-up on decisions taken at meetings.
- Actively raise funds through preparing proposals for project funding and conducting research on project funding sources.
- Responsible for the delivery and communication on program promises.
- Actively participate in evaluating the impact of program and initiatives.
Policy Research and Analysis:
- Conduct research in area of expertise.
- Write articles, papers, reports for publication on a range of issues related to program.
- Keep abreast of on-going and new policy discussions.
- Promotes program development through research, advocacy and representations to potential constituents.
- Attend discussions with constituents at meetings and expert seminars.
- Write and deliver statements and mobilize support for program.
- Develop and manage new initiatives within the programmatic area.
- Collaborate with EWI colleagues to support and develop synergies between programs.
- Find opportunities to develop the program’s reach and impact.
- MA degree in related subject area with 5 – 8 years experience in International Relations with a focus on Turkey and its region.
- Thorough understanding of political landscape of Turkey and region.
- Experience in working in complex multinational organizations.
- Very strong writing and communication skills with some publishing.
- Comfortable working with high-ranking decision makers.
- Fluency in English and Turkish a must; additional languages a plus.
- Team player, bright, thorough, pro-active, open-minded, international focus and thrives in diverse environment.
- International travel, therefore current passport necessary.
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ewi&jobId=81689&source=IN#.
Deadline – N/A