Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 4,900+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
Location – 58 E. 68th St., New York, NY 10065
The Council on Foreign Relations is creating innovative new education products as part of the CFR Campus effort to help students and the interested public gain the knowledge, skills, and perspective necessary to thrive in an increasingly interconnected world. These resources include Model Diplomacy, a multimedia simulation program; modular learning materials about the fundamentals of international relations and U.S. foreign policy; and repurposed and original content for CFR Campus social media and the CFR Campus website.
The Program Associate will work under the direction of the Deputy Director, Education Strategy and Marketing to support marketing activity and provide user support for Model Diplomacy and other CFR Campus resources.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program including an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
- Providing user support for Model Diplomacy and other CFR Campus products by responding to inquiries, maintaining help and how-to documentation, encouraging user retention, and stimulating usage of a variety of CFR educational resources
- Contributing to CFR Campus social media
- Assisting with the creation of CFR Campus marketing collateral
- Assisting with the coordination and execution of CFR Campus marketing outreach, including direct mail and email campaigns and dissemination at CFR events and conferences
- Tracking user feedback, organizing user and social media metrics, and generating reports
- Providing general administrative support as needed
- Degree in a related field with high academic achievement, and demonstrated interest in international relations, education, and/or marketing
- One to two years of related experience; experience with user support, customer service, and social media highly preferred
- Strong attention to detail and comfort with data collection and reporting
- Superior multitasking skills in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, internet research skills, social media, and familiarity with databases; experience with multimedia software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, and QuickTime preferred
- Flexible, positive, team-oriented attitude
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should email a resume and cover letter to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE INCLUDE THE POSITION NAME IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
Deadline – N/A