CNN operates as a division of Turner Broadcasting System, which is a subsidiary of Time Warner. CNN identifies itself as – and is widely known to be - the most trusted source for news and information. The CNN umbrella includes nine cable and satellite television networks, two radio networks, the CNN Digital Network, which is the top network of news Web sites in the United States, and CNN Newsource, the world’s most extensively syndicated news service. CNN is proud of our ability to bring you up-to-the-minute news from around the world, as a result of our many extensions.
- The GPS Editorial Producer is responsible for booking guests, making pitches, and handling newsmaker requests for Fareed Zakaria GPS.
- This individual is the show's booking representative and is responsible for keeping consistent the quantity and quality of bookings for our weekly show in addition to special projects.
Location – New York, NY
- Conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews
- Researches and pitches interesting and urgent stories
- Works contacts for long term booking opportunities
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Job may require limited travel
- A qualified candidate for this position must have 3+ years journalism or production experience.
- A proven interest in world affairs and a strong knowledge of current events is mandatory.
- Research skills are essential to this position.
- This candidate must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong.
- Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Conversational ability or fluency in other languages a plus.
How to Apply
Please apply online: https://careers.timewarner.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=391&siteid=36&jobId=781164.
Deadline – N/A