The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
Location – 122 East 42nd Street, New York, NY
The IRC’s Institutional Philanthropy & Partnerships (IPP) team raises funds from private foundations, corporate foundations and from business areas including corporate social responsibility, marketing, sponsorship, employee giving and match giving. The IPP team matches institutional funder interests with the IRC’s extensive programs globally.
The Account Manager, Institutional Philanthropy & Partnerships will work with assigned IPP Officer to support the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for a defined portfolio of IRC prospects and donors. This will include collaborating with the Officer on generating and producing written content for funding concept notes, pitches and proposals, as well as donor reports and communication.
The Account Manager will monitor donation budgets, interim and end-of-grant reports, on-going communication and information management for the Officer’s portfolio. The Account Manager will also be responsible for some key support functions of the IPP team, including serving as internal liaison with the Leadership Gifts administration team, with Finance, and manage the IPP team’s communications calendar and event opportunities. The Manager will ensure rigorous use of databases and approvals processes.
This role offers a dynamic growth opportunity for someone eager to advance to front-line fundraising.
- Collaborate with an assigned IPP Officer on executing strategies for institutional donors and prospects within the Officer’s portfolio;
- Provide communications that support the Officer’s interactions with portfolio donors or prospects, including general and targeted communications, concept notes, proposals, presentations and reports, from drafts through to final line-editing and formatting of finalized material;
- Prepare and contribute materials, agendas and briefings for external prospect and donor meetings and for internal strategy meetings;
- With the Officer, monitor and manage expectations and objectives for each institutional funding partner within the portfolio, including budget, evaluation and reporting;
- Manage information flows between prospects/donors, program staff and IPP officers;
- Manage and track the internal drafting and approval processes necessary for proposals, reports, and budgets;
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Revenue colleagues and IRC program and support staff globally;
- Undertake special assignments, as directed.
- Bachelors Degree;
- Minimum 3 years account/project management experience gained in either a development/ fundraising office, or in a program/”field” context, including substantial writing and editing responsibilities;
- Exceptional written communications skills and solid verbal presentation skills;
- Highly developed project management skills with the ability to work on own initiative, accurately to tight deadlines, and to prioritize between conflicting demands;
- Sophisticated understanding of the role of written communications in building and maintaining complex individual and institutional relationships;
- Ability to identify and create processes necessary to support effective partnerships;
- Highly computer literate, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as familiarity with CRM databases, including Raiser’s Edge;
- Ability to respond quickly to changes in short-term work priorities;
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data;
- Commitment to fundraising for international development, human rights, social justice and US immigrant communities.
How to Apply
Please apply online at http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/apply.jsp?org=IRC&cws=1&rid=13736.
Deadline – N/A