MSCI is an independent provider of research-driven insights and tools for institutional investors. We have deep expertise in the areas of risk and performance measurement that is based on more than 40 years of academic research, real-world experience and collaboration with our clients.
Our broad product line supports clients’ needs across all major asset classes and provides them with a consistent way of looking at risk and performance from front to middle office. We have a highly flexible business model that enables clients to select the individual products and services they need and integrate them into their own investment processes and methodologies.
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its global ESG Research analyst team. The research analyst is expected to have a strong interest in Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) trends and specific knowledge about the dominant ESG issues for selected industries. The analyst will investigate and assess core ESG risks faced by the industries and evaluate performance along the key benchmarks for large publicly traded companies globally.
In addition to possessing excellent communication and data analysis skills, the ideal candidate is expected to follow company news, industry trends, and relevant regulations that impact a company’s ESG profile. Currently, we have a preference for candidates with experience and expertise in Information Technology, Energy, or Utilities industries.
Location – New York, NY
- Analyze and prepare research reports for 50-70 companies per year, including 2-3 industry or thematic reports focused on ESG issues
- Demonstrate thought leadership in key ESG issues impacting company coverage
- Contribute to ongoing methodology improvements
- Prepare and conduct regular presentations for clients and prospects, with an emphasis on highlighting the financial implications of ESG issues
- Expertise in Information Technology, Energy, or Utilities industries is preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills to successfully convey company ESG ratings and methodology in a public setting
- Strong analytical skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment and establish strong relationships across a global team
- Minimum 3 years of full-time professional experience in:
- ESG research industry, or
- Financial services experience that includes exposure to ESG investment products, or
- Analytical roles within key industries, or
- Relevant public policy or academic or NGO experience
- Minimum of Bachelors' degree required; Advanced degree in related field (Masters or PhD) or CFA is preferred
- Strong background in research and analysis, with particular emphasis on relevant industry and ESG issues
How to Apply
Please apply online: http://careers.msci.com/ShowJob/Id/1064048/ESG%20Research%20Analyst.
Deadline – N/A